Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I hate acne too

how long does it take for the side effects to show up?

Well I can tell my experience

Right on the first day I felt dry lips, and one week after that my skin started to be very sensitive and red, during this period I felt so much lazy and tired, and finally one month after my eyes started to become dry and irritated.

I have some friend that had only dry lips and sensitive skin, looks like I did not have the same lucky.

Male - 24 yr - 67kg - 40ma a day

Well I'm about a month in right now. I remember that I didn't feel anything for the first week. After the first week you'll start to get chapped lips and your skin will start to get dried out. After my first month my skin isn't nearly as dry as I thought it'd be. The chapped lips are a little annoying but I use Aquaphor which is probably the best brand for lubricating lips.

My eyes get a bit dry now (after about 3 weeks) so I use lubricating drops about 2 times a day.

Cuts, bruises, and acne all fade a lot slower on Accutane so avoid cuts and bruises where you can.

Other than that I don't have any noticeable side effects yet. It's not nearly as bad as everyone says.