Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I feel so sad to read what you write because it's really such a drag when all you want to do is, as you wrote, live life whilst feeling alive. I can certainly relate to that, I've felt the same way. I just feel so sorry for you because I've only got a few red marks and one small scar after my huge break-out, and I can imagine how I would feel if I had lots of scarring. I don't think I could take it. Acne is temporary and/or manageable, and I've felt so bad the times when it was really bad. The only feelings I could feel was hopelessness, anger and no feelings at all, and to feel like that for say more than a year; that's impossible for me.

I really hope your problems will go away, because I know you deserve to live life happily without this sh*t. Try to keep a positive mind (even though it's hard), cause I'm sure people think you're pretty anyways. I know I think, after reading this. :)

I would try to formulate myself better and stuff if I had time, but I gotta run. Remember, you're not alone, and you should try to stay positive.

Hi Mimini

thanks so much for your encouraging words. I really needed that. Everyday is a struggle. I know that im not alone in this. There are many people who are going through the same feelings as me whether it being alot better or alot worse. Some days I just feel like throwing in the towel if you know what i mean. Sometimes I feel like whats the point in living if i dont even feel alive? Isnt that the point of living sometimes? To FEEL alive?

I dont know. I just wish i can go back to my high school days where my skin was just perfect. (at least for me) Having this type of disease called acne has made me aware though not take alot of things for granted whether it being my skin, my social life, my job etc... I guess some good things do come out of bad situations.

Im constantly thinking tho, if i look this way at 21, imagine what i'll look like when im 30? Ugh. Life really isnt fair sometimes.

Thanks tho for "HUG". Air hug for you too!

Airhug received! \(^0^)/ Yes, I get what you mean by throwing in the towel, the whole situation is just tiring, whether we have to deal with acnescars or active acne. I also wish to go back to the days where i was totally clear, but that makes me even sadder. I don't believe in things happens for a reason,,it just sucks that we're the unlucky ones to deal with this disease. The only thing we can do is just not give up, because it is just not worth it to let our lives be ruined by our skins. Life has many things to offer, that's why we must keep trying everyday, even if it's exhausting.

Pffff I'm going to see my friend this week, which I haven't see for a long time, I'll hope that I won't let myself affected by my low self-esteem. Because me and my friend like eachother, we 'confessed' to each other some months ago, I was totally clear then (talk about high self-esteem in those days XD) But now I'm scared to face my friend (>___<)/

I hope that everything will work out for you Frannymae :)

By the way! You look beautiful in your picture, are you by any chance asian? (I hope that I didn't offend you if you're not) And if you are, what ethnicity are you? I also like the clothes that you're wearing :wub:

fuck acne scars. i so know exactly what youre going through.

not the discolorations, those are easy. its the goddamn pits that make you want to die.

i hate waking up every morning to look at my face in the mirror knowing theyre going to be there hoping every day - somehow - theyre magically going to be gone.. or diminished.

nope, still there.

truth be told, the pitted scars are the worst part of acne hands down.

i recently discovered a cream called help me, and the results on acne scars

are said to be amazing. and yes, i reccomend this to you

i havent gotten ahold of a tube or jar yet, but im ordering one soon, because fuck this shit.

a friend of mine said retinol really helps too, though i havent tried it yet.

anyway, i know your pain, whether you believe it or not. to the point of tears, to the point of endless frustration. i even go into a tempter tantrum over my scars sometimes.. i just cant contain the anxiety.. just try not to let it get to you - keep your head screwed on. even when you see people with the complexion you used to have years ago.

acne is a phase, not a permanence. hang in there, and keep me posted pleassseeee.

Edited by Daylights
By the way! You look beautiful in your picture, are you by any chance asian? (I hope that I didn't offend you if you're not) And if you are, what ethnicity are you? I also like the clothes that you're wearing :wub:

Hi Mimini

I also agree with you. I hate how some things happen for a reason. I mean i guess things could be worse but still. I swear, i'd rather have acne/scars on my body than on my face if anything. Sometimes i just wished that everyone looked the same so there wouldnt be all this judgement on appearance. There are so many things i want to do in life but can't b/c i feel my appearance holds me back. I get extreme anxiety being in a really public place for example the mall or even being at work b/c i know people are looking at my skin. Maybe im just paranoid but still.

Ive become so obsessed over my skin that now i have a tendency to stare and examine others skin. I NEVER used to do that even when my acne/acne scars were not as noticeable but now that mines become very prominent, i tend to stare at everyone elses.

I hope your visit with your friend works out great. I mean if he said he liked you before, your skin shouldnt make him change his mind. and if he does, than he's just as shallow as most guys so you can just forget him if thats the case.

Me? Beautiful? ahaha thanks for that wonderful compliment but i think im WAY far off from that. That picture was taken last year on halloween and you can tell that i have alot of makeup on. im filipino and chinese BTW. I hope your doing ok too. Glad to know im not alone.

fuck acne scars. i so know exactly what youre going through.

not the discolorations, those are easy. its the goddamn pits that make you want to die.

i hate waking up every morning to look at my face in the mirror knowing theyre going to be there hoping every day - somehow - theyre magically going to be gone.. or diminished.

nope, still there.

truth be told, the pitted scars are the worst part of acne hands down.

i recently discovered a cream called help me, and the results on acne scars

are said to be amazing. and yes, i reccomend this to you

i havent gotten ahold of a tube or jar yet, but im ordering one soon, because fuck this shit.

a friend of mine said retinol really helps too, though i havent tried it yet.

anyway, i know your pain, whether you believe it or not. to the point of tears, to the point of endless frustration. i even go into a tempter tantrum over my scars sometimes.. i just cant contain the anxiety.. just try not to let it get to you - keep your head screwed on. even when you see people with the complexion you used to have years ago.

acne is a phase, not a permanence. hang in there, and keep me posted pleassseeee.

Hi daylights,

are you referring to the help me cream from philosophy? i do the same thing! i wake up in the morning hoping that they would just disappear or at least look better but instead they get worse as time goes by. It makes me so sad and depressed. How bad are your acne scars by the way? Mines really bad. Mine is all over my right cheek and temple and some on my left cheek. I have all the types of scars you can imagine.

I was actually using a vitamin a serum from vivant but i felt that it was making my acne scars worse. It actually made more in my opinion. Its so hard to try and not let it get to me. Everyday is a fuckn battle. Its always easier said than done. I hope your doing alright as well. thanks for the encouragement.

Guest Timehealsall

to be honest, i never minded acne until i got scars. My case sucks in that when i had pimples, i was fucking told "DONT WORRY IT WILL GO AWAY" and stupid me i believed in it. I never really treated my pimples consistently (i.e just spot treated using BP) and i kept getting moderate breakouts every month. i never picked at my zits and still have scars.

I swear these scars literally make you want to quit life. My parents tell me they arent bad, my bro (who has scarring but milder than mine) says its not too bad, but ive seen myself in every fucking angle and lighting and my skin looks FUCKING TERRIBLE. i know exactly how you feel. I mean, i know this might sound like a double-standard but most everyone just tells me "your a guy, who gives a shit." I dont want perfect skin, i just want my skin to look "normal" Whatever that means..

I swear everyday i fucking wake up, the first thing i do is look in the mirror to see how my pIH looks like and my indents (believe it or not, my PIH changes redness tone daily) and low and behold, im also getting random indents on my face. I swear it feels like my happiness is based on how my skin looks for that day. I also noticed that at night time when i look at my face, i look much better than in the day time.

Acne scars have totally mind-fucked me. I rarely go out, ditch classes regularly, rarely talk to even close members of my family, and i just sit around my apartment playing fucking pc games.

I swear, people that do not go through this shit HAVE NO CLUE what it feels like dealing with scars.

Just out of curiosity sake, but do most of you get regular breakouts? Because someone posted in this thread that they got one huge breakout and was left with some red pih and one indent. You only got one breakout that whole time?!? THAT AINT SHIT

Hi Mimini

I also agree with you. I hate how some things happen for a reason. I mean i guess things could be worse but still. I swear, i'd rather have acne/scars on my body than on my face if anything. Sometimes i just wished that everyone looked the same so there wouldnt be all this judgement on appearance. There are so many things i want to do in life but can't b/c i feel my appearance holds me back. I get extreme anxiety being in a really public place for example the mall or even being at work b/c i know people are looking at my skin. Maybe im just paranoid but still.

Ive become so obsessed over my skin that now i have a tendency to stare and examine others skin. I NEVER used to do that even when my acne/acne scars were not as noticeable but now that mines become very prominent, i tend to stare at everyone elses.

I hope your visit with your friend works out great. I mean if he said he liked you before, your skin shouldnt make him change his mind. and if he does, than he's just as shallow as most guys so you can just forget him if thats the case.

Me? Beautiful? ahaha thanks for that wonderful compliment but i think im WAY far off from that. That picture was taken last year on halloween and you can tell that i have alot of makeup on. im filipino and chinese BTW. I hope your doing ok too. Glad to know im not alone.

Hi Frannymae, yes you are very pretty! And you have a beautiful smile in your picture ;) I also have the tendency to stare at others skin, thinking how it would be like to have such nice skin. I made up my mind and I will go to the party. Since I'm not going to clear up anytime soon, it's better to try to enjoy myself. And if my friend changes his mind then ohwell it's much better anyway, I wouldn't be constantly worried how I look next to him.

Today I met an old friend, I actually thought of avoiding her, but she spotted me. And I could see her look of pity when she saw me. So I figured this is how it's going to be like at the party. Even if they don't say anything, their looks will say it all. When I got home from university I broke down crying, I was constantly anxious to meet people that I know and yes I met some. I felt pathetic afterwards, I'm not the type to cry easily and I still cannot believe how I let acne slowly taking me life over.

But it's nice to know that I have the support of an other asian .(^-^).

Have a nice day. ;)

Hi Mimini

Hi Frannymae, yes you are very pretty! And you have a beautiful smile in your picture ;) I also have the tendency to stare at others skin, thinking how it would be like to have such nice skin. I made up my mind and I will go to the party. Since I'm not going to clear up anytime soon, it's better to try to enjoy myself. And if my friend changes his mind then ohwell it's much better anyway, I wouldn't be constantly worried how I look next to him.

Today I met an old friend, I actually thought of avoiding her, but she spotted me. And I could see her look of pity when she saw me. So I figured this is how it's going to be like at the party. Even if they don't say anything, their looks will say it all. When I got home from university I broke down crying, I was constantly anxious to meet people that I know and yes I met some. I felt pathetic afterwards, I'm not the type to cry easily and I still cannot believe how I let acne slowly taking me life over.

Have a nice day. ;)

Hi Minimi!

How did everything go with your party? its such a drag staring at others pplz skin. Today at work, i was staring at my coworkers skin and i was like "fuck... i wish i had her skin" and her skin wasnt even perfect but it was WAY better than mine. You say that your asian? Whats your ethnicity?

I dont see alot of asians on here who post so yeah its good to know that we have something in common. i know how you feel about acne taking over your life. Its the worst feeling in the world and sometimes it seems like theres no light at the end of the tunnel. BTW, i found 4 new scars on my face. : ( like they say "when it rains, it pours" thats exactly how i feel. I hope your doing ok though!

Fran

Hi Mimini

Have a nice day. ;)

Hi Minimi!

How did everything go with your party? its such a drag staring at others pplz skin. Today at work, i was staring at my coworkers skin and i was like "fuck... i wish i had her skin" and her skin wasnt even perfect but it was WAY better than mine. You say that your asian? Whats your ethnicity?

I dont see alot of asians on here who post so yeah its good to know that we have something in common. i know how you feel about acne taking over your life. Its the worst feeling in the world and sometimes it seems like theres no light at the end of the tunnel. BTW, i found 4 new scars on my face. : ( like they say "when it rains, it pours" thats exactly how i feel. I hope your doing ok though!

Fran

Hi Frannymae :) I'm vietnamese, born in The Netherlands. I went to the party yesterday and I was really close to not going. But I missed my friends and since my acne isn't going away any time soon, it would be too much of a hassle to keep avoiding them. I avoided every mirror over there and had a lot of fun. But one friend came to me and asked what's up with my face, that hurted me although I tried my best to not let her know. I don't blame her, because my skin has never been this worse. Still everyone behaved normally towards me, even my friend that I like. But I couldn't help but feel sorry for them that they have to look at my skin. It was really weird being there, I enjoyed talking and laughing with them. But I also wished that I were at home instead of being there. I was the only with acne, luckily the lightning wasn't harsh. When I got home I didn't know if I should cry or be happy that I went in the end. Now I'm just tired, I will stuck to my regimen and not give up..(T^T)

How are you now Frannymae? Are you doing better?

Yes i feel like that too and im 15 still have my life right in front of me. Acne changes everything. i changes your face, the way you see people etc. But you really should be happy that others have it worse. Life doesn't revolve on how you look. If people judge you on our appearance and not your personality they are plain stupid. They are jugdmental. Trust me girls my in my school look like dogs (even without acne and i know i shouldn't judge but my friend says so too) and they think they are all cute and call me ugly. Life is hard but having acne also has positives like it changes your thinking on value of life.We who have acne learn that appearacne aren't everything even if we yearn for a better appearacne. But every human in this world have their insecurities and problems. So you should be proud that you don't have scary diseases or a crippled leg or shit. LIVE LOVE AND SMILE thats the way of life. Im a 15 year old girl fighting acne and possible another illness i may or may not have(i have to check the doctor). Hopefull my life will open and be a new beginning where i can be the person i am.

Hello Frannymae When you said "im so "tired and emotionally drained" i really Feel you on that too man. i am 24yrs old but back in the day in what i call the "Proactiv Solution Era" :evil: lol! from 2004 to the end of 2006 i was really "tired and emotionally drained" i did not want to even got outside or be with friends because of how i looked it ruined my face and My skin was "VERY" horrible, my Face and self-esteem was "Shot and Killed" in a Driveby by "Proactiv" :evil: LOL! i had lost all Hope for myself i was so down. but in the start of 2007 i took a shot in the dark and started using the eXposed skin care acne kit it got my out of this dark period i was in and got me atleast too the Light. but it stopped working at the end of 2008 but it made my face so much better. i also got mad sometimes when i think about why i kept paying for proactiv i guess it was hope or maybe i was a Dummy i think i was Both :razz: but in 2009 i started Dan's Acne.org Regimen it picked up from where eXposed skin care left off it made my skin look good but not that great tho. and this year in 2010 i got the AcneScript Pills for Oily skin and man it may be premature but these pills are like rockstars too my skin lol. But i still have 19 tiny to small Blackheads left on my face from t-zone too the sides of my face then it's clear skin city after that. also have you ever tryed acne.org regimen? you never know it may work..but Girl i do feel your pain man it sucks but dont lose Hope plz i feel something will happen for you sooner rather then later. :D

Hi Mimini

"Sigh' frannymae.. i haven't gone to the mall in literally an year... i personally don't even care about my clothes anymore or anything like that.. i used to be a straight A student now im struggling to get into university because i don't see any point.

acne has caused me to lose many friendships including the love of my life. i was so self conscious when i was with him and i always felt inferior because everyone thought he was gorgeous ( tall, tan skin, hazel eyes, fit body, car ) but.. his personality was So bad because he was such a manwhore.. and he kept asking me why i was getting acne, etc.. i haven't talked to him in 2 years yet i still love him : ' ( if i didn't have acne, i KNOW i would do everything to be with him.

the mall is the worst place for me personally. you walk into a store like guess or sirens or whatever and you see these stuck up girls just srutinizing you because of your acne, etc.

P.S you are very beautiful and i find it is SO unfortunate and un effing fair that acne occurs to the most gorgeous people.

Hi Mimini

"Sigh' frannymae.. i haven't gone to the mall in literally an year... i personally don't even care about my clothes anymore or anything like that.. i used to be a straight A student now im struggling to get into university because i don't see any point.

acne has caused me to lose many friendships including the love of my life. i was so self conscious when i was with him and i always felt inferior because everyone thought he was gorgeous ( tall, tan skin, hazel eyes, fit body, car ) but.. his personality was So bad because he was such a manwhore.. and he kept asking me why i was getting acne, etc.. i haven't talked to him in 2 years yet i still love him : ' ( if i didn't have acne, i KNOW i would do everything to be with him.

the mall is the worst place for me personally. you walk into a store like guess or sirens or whatever and you see these stuck up girls just srutinizing you because of your acne, etc.

P.S you are very beautiful and i find it is SO unfortunate and un effing fair that acne occurs to the most gorgeous people.

Hello Foreverdoomed

your right about the mall man lol hell the only time i go is when my skin is a little clear but it sucks looking at other peoples faces and seeing ZERO acne on their faces it sucks hard but my skin is getting better so i can start too hitup the malls a lot more. it just sucks that some people outthere will srutinizing you because you got Bad acne.. but some people dont understand some of us are at War with Acne and we are fighting too win the fight for clear skin lol

I definitely feel the same way. I have been battling my acne for about 9 years now (im 29) and it is not getting easier. i took my clear skin for granted in high school. i sometimes rush to the bathroom at work to cry because of my acne and my face is literally burning from the meds my dr has me on. I dont want to have kids anymore because i dont want them too have to fight with acne especially high school because kids are so mean. My thanksgiving is ruined and i am not going to my boyfriends family gathering because this is not the first impression that i want to make. Im tryng to stay positive but its so hard

I definitely feel the same way. I have been battling my acne for about 9 years now (im 29) and it is not getting easier. i took my clear skin for granted in high school. i sometimes rush to the bathroom at work to cry because of my acne and my face is literally burning from the meds my dr has me on. I dont want to have kids anymore because i dont want them too have to fight with acne especially high school because kids are so mean. My thanksgiving is ruined and i am not going to my boyfriends family gathering because this is not the first impression that i want to make. Im tryng to stay positive but its so hard

Hello Nikki620

After reading your post all i can say is keep staying Positive Girl and your right man it's so dam hard too stay positive because you know your skin is Bad. I do feel your skin will be better sooner rather then later :surprised:

Hello Nikki620

After reading your post all i can say is keep staying Positive Girl and your right man it's so dam hard too stay positive because you know your skin is Bad. I do feel your skin will be better sooner rather then later :surprised:

Can still relate. Just turned 30 and though i havent had it for 9 years, just since i was 28, i too took all those years with clear skin for granted and i wish i had them back. It does seem like i have had it 9+ years thou, i always just feel it will never ever go away. I am making a trip out tomorrow to my moms 8 hour drive to spend thanksgiving with family, even thou i am broke out. She doesnt care one bit and that i am thankful for. It is very hard thou to stay positive and i am currently seeing a psychologist over it because it has wrecked my life as well.

Hello Nikki620

Can still relate. Just turned 30 and though i havent had it for 9 years, just since i was 28, i too took all those years with clear skin for granted and i wish i had them back. It does seem like i have had it 9+ years thou, i always just feel it will never ever go away. I am making a trip out tomorrow to my moms 8 hour drive to spend thanksgiving with family, even thou i am broke out. She doesnt care one bit and that i am thankful for. It is very hard thou to stay positive and i am currently seeing a psychologist over it because it has wrecked my life as well.

it definitely helps to surround yourself with people that dont care about ur ance and the scars. Those are the people that matter. We'll all eventually figure out the best regimen for our skin ;)

I seriously hear you on everything. I feel like I'm doing all I can and everything i'm suppose to but nothing is working. I'm so depressed.. like my skin was bad in high school but never like it is now. I have had pimples since I was 15 when my hormones kicked in..now I'm 19 and It's worse than ever!! I go to college in the south and i feel like I cant go to the beach, pool, gym, etc. with my friends because god forbid someone sees me without makeup. I know it sounds so incredibly petty but I'm so self-conscious at this point I don't know how to deal..I wake up, look in the mirror and just cry. I thought Id join this today because I had a complete breakdown and just need support, (or just someone to bitch ab acne with! lol) I feel like this is never guna go away, and my severe acne is so unattractive. I'M UNATTRACTIVE ugh. let's all give a big eff you to acne!

I seriously hear you on everything. I feel like I'm doing all I can and everything i'm suppose to but nothing is working. I'm so depressed.. like my skin was bad in high school but never like it is now. I have had pimples since I was 15 when my hormones kicked in..now I'm 19 and It's worse than ever!! I go to college in the south and i feel like I cant go to the beach, pool, gym, etc. with my friends because god forbid someone sees me without makeup. I know it sounds so incredibly petty but I'm so self-conscious at this point I don't know how to deal..I wake up, look in the mirror and just cry. I thought Id join this today because I had a complete breakdown and just need support, (or just someone to bitch ab acne with! lol) I feel like this is never guna go away, and my severe acne is so unattractive. I'M UNATTRACTIVE ugh. let's all give a big eff you to acne!

yeah i hella know what you all are going through. i've always tried to be optimistic about life but i've been scarred severely and i am STILL breaking out. the last time i have broken out this bad was in high school and that left me with TONS of ice pick & boxcar scars, roughly 10-15 on each cheek. along with that, i have a shitload of enlarged/scarred pores...and now I'm 22 and I am experiencing yet another episode of the worst breakout of my life. it's been 2+ months and i get a new effin pimple every damn day, and yes, all of them seem to end up being permanent scars since my skin is so sensitive. i am so tired of this and I am so depressed. I dont want to go out anymore and I literally stopped dating b/c of this. it has ruined my life. FML forreal. i want my breakouts to stop already so i can at least start working on these damn scars. UGHHHH...

Hi foreverdoomed

i really hate going to the mall or any public place b/c really think ppl are judging me. Thanks for compliment. I know there are alot of girls on here who are so beautiful and its just a shame that acne has hold them back.

Hi Mimini

Hi Nikki

I know what you mean on not wanting to have kids b/c kids and teenagers can be so mean. I honestly dont think im going to have kids either b/c i dont want them to go through the same things i went through. Even though my acne has cleared up a bit, i dont want my skin to obsess over their skin like me. especially b/c of acne scarring.... im trying to stay positive too but it really is SOOOO hard....

quote name='nikki620' date='Nov 23 2010, 04:02 PM' post='2987125']

Hi my name is tommy! I'm 31 and I've dealt with acne since I was 18. I know exactly how each and every one of you guys feel!! Believe me it's depressing. Just posting this response makes me cry deep down inside. Every night I dream that I have clear skin! I literally dream that but wake up looking in the mirror just wanting to punch it. I've quit school I've quit many good jobs because of just one big zit. Now that I'm 31 I kind of accepted that I have acne and try to improve myself in other different ways. Believe that acne is hereditary because I would pay to have just half the decent looking skin that some of bums sitting on the corner asking for money. At least they don't have acne scars and they don't even f*ckn shower. ARGHHHH IM PISSS!!!!