Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stratoquacker

Has anybody tried cleansing with a natural oil like extra virgin olive oil?

Moved to the General acne products forum. The Announcements and feedback forum is for discussing technical issues on the boards. Please read the forum headings and descriptions before posting.

Have a look at the following topic: The Oil Cleansing Method

well it gave me blackheads all over my forehead which before was clear and smooth(the one spot)and then followed by a really bad cystic outbreak...not a fan

Edited by rebecca1980

i use evoo to take makeup off. eye and face. but i don't leave it on my face for long, and i follow up with a cleanser. it hasn't cleared up my blackheads, but it makes taking off makeup really easy.

Moved to the General acne products forum. The Announcements and feedback forum is for discussing technical issues on the boards. Please read the forum headings and descriptions before posting.

Have a look at the following topic: The Oil Cleansing Method

Did you use EVOO? In the worst case scenario it should have done nothing for you, not made acne worse. :confused: Cystic acne makes me think that it's possible you were reaching that time of the month.

It's referred to as the oil cleansing method. You usually have a moisturizing oil grouped with castor oil,then remove it with warm washcloths.

You can also buy oil cleansers. They include emulsifiers so you can rinse the oil off with water. DHC and Silk Naturals have popular ones. Even good old Ponds cold cream is just mineral oil and an emulsifier.

I use an oil cleanser to remove eye makeup.

EVOO never fails at making me break out. No matter how long it's on my face. I broke out in hundreds of tiny bumps where I used it.

I cleanse with Pond's Cold Cream, which is basically what OmegaisJaded said... mineral oil and some other stuff.