Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thethethe

Low accutane dosage

Hi there!

I have (i suppose) mild to moderate acne. I have been using antibiotics and topical creams for the past 6 months. They aren't working as well as they did initially.

I then decided to go back to my dermatologist. He prescribed Roaccutane 40 mg once daily for 4- 6 months.

I decided to go to another dermatologist (more well renowned). She also prescribed the drug, but suggested a 'pulsed' dose of 2 x 40mg tablets for the first week, then skip 3 weeks and then repeat for 4 months.. so 2x40mg every 1 out of 4 weeks!

I would prefer to take this lower dose of roaccutane.. but also.. I don't want to waste my time! Has anyone been prescribed a similar dose? did you see results?

I would really appreciate any feedback.

Thanks...

The first week I was put on 20 mg a day, for my body to get adjusted to the med. Thereafter, Ive been on 40 mg a day. I am about 5 months into my treatment. My derm suggested that my dosages be kinda low, due to my cholesterol level. However, I am seeing pretty good results. I have absolutely no more oil on my face, I've haven't had a breakout in months. I really don't have any side effects at all, just the minor dry lips. I would prefer to take it nice and slow on the dosage, because I've read soo many others who has bad side effects from the meds.

Thanks for the response... It turns out I was wrong about the 'lower dosage'. Its actually 2X20mgtabs to be taken once daily every 1 in 4 weeks.

I decided to go with this.. and took the first pills last night ( I live in South Africa, so its morning here already). Feeling fine so far!!

I would like to suggest 20mg twice a week for 6 months and that's it.

Sometimes taking it daily would give me headaches.

Thanks for the responses..

Just an update.. I took my 6th pill last night. Everything has been going well so far. Not feeling to dry or anything. My skin has improved as well. Hopefully it continues to work..

cheers..

Dale

i've just upped mine to 20mg (2x10mg) per day. i've had no results with 1x10mg every 5 days, and no results for 1x10mg every day. only made it much worse. so i've upped to 20mg and do it for a week. if no results after 1 week i will fuckin up this shit to 40mg like you guys