Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sh0

Day 3 on Regimen Dreading BP application already....

Hello fellow sufferers, why have I waited untill I was 32 to do this I don't know :rolleyes: but I am now on day 3 of the regimen, I'm using PanOxyl 2.5 Acnegel , first application not so bad, evening of day 3 and my face feels ravaged and even the thought of applying more BP is painful :(

Should I try out different brands even though they claim to be the same thing or is this s'thing I will just have to deal with?

I feel a lotion variety would be kinder but that seems to be a no no for this regimen?

Any tips on brands appreciated, I live in Asia and can get most things OTC but not all brand names, I do have Boots over here also.

The PanOxyl I use is about $3.8 US for 40g, which seems reasonable so that's why I initially bought it.

TIA

Shola

What kind of moisturizer are you using? A good enough moisturizer should prevent skin damage and pain. I used to have the same problem-lots of redness, pain, burning, etc. My moisturizer was rather thick and kind of greasy (Eucerin Daily Protection), yet it did nothing to help, and I had a lot of flaking. I switched to CeraVe moisturizing lotion, which isn't thick and greasy like Eucerin, and it fixes everything. One big problem I was having was my skin getting so flaky and irritated that I would break out more. Again, CeraVe fixed this.

Good luck :]

Thx Kole Jojoba oil is definitely on the shopping list :)

Celloislove I hadn't thought about a better moisturiser, I'm using up some free samples I've accumulated as I've never used moisturiser before! It's an expensive brand so I assumed it would be good but maybe not, thx for the thought, not sure I can get CeraVe here but it's on my list incase I find it :)

I didn't want to miss another bp application so I have searched the boards and replaced my moisturiser this morning with Banana Boat Aloe Vera Gel, Ooooooooh the relief! I am going to have to do some trying out of other bp brands and moisturizers, I can't continue with this beet red burning face :ninja:

Hi Shola, I am going through the same thing too. I'm using Benzac AC 2.5% and have just started on the regime a few days ago... The first few days was ok, just applying a thin layer on my face, and slowly add more for the next few days. Then, my friend gave me some samples of Dan's BP and I tried it today. The burning was so bad on the nose that I have to remove the cream.... Do you think i should continue to use it or should I change back to Benzac?

Hi Shola, I am going through the same thing too. I'm using Benzac AC 2.5% and have just started on the regime a few days ago... The first few days was ok, just applying a thin layer on my face, and slowly add more for the next few days. Then, my friend gave me some samples of Dan's BP and I tried it today. The burning was so bad on the nose that I have to remove the cream.... Do you think i should continue to use it or should I change back to Benzac?

Hmm it's difficult to say when it's such early days for us, I was actually gonna swap my PanOxyl for the Benzac AC and see if that was better. I've found that the burning has subsided slightly but I'm having to avoid areas on my face like nose creases and above top lip, also my face is a mass of flakes :(

I do think the key is in the moisturising, I have just ordered some pure Jojoba oil and can't wait for it too arrive! I also swapped my moisturizer to Aloe Vera gel, I don't know if it's the best option but it really is soothing for that burn! I just tried my hubby's moisturiser 'Maximum Hydrator' by Clinique as the 2nd main ingredient is Jojoba seed oil, but it also has Shea butter which is not great. It's a trial and error thing for sure, I think if the Benzac felt better for u, continue with that for now, Dans maybe better when u have some resistance to the BP.

Keep me updated on works for u, what cleanser and moisturiser are u using?