Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amb11

Persistent Acne on Cheeks

Hi! I've read these boards for a long time, but this is my first post. For starters, I am an 18 year old girl. I've had problems with my skin since I was about 12, but in the past three months or so, my acne has gotten terrible. Where I used to have 1-3 inflamed zits at a time, now I have around 7. Like most of us, I've tried everything for my acne. All the usual topicals and medications. Right now I'm using:

-Bacrim

-Spiro

-Ziana

And I'm also in the bc pill Loestrin24 Fe. I've been on this regimin for about five weeks.

This combination has completely cleared up my forehead and chin area, but the acne on my cheeks is still going strong.

Do I just need to wait longer? Could this still be the initial breakout?

I'd keep going on your new regimen awhile longer - it can take a few months to see results from a retinoid (Ziana). You also might see a flare up as the new bc pill starts changing your hormones. I don't know about the bc pill you are on - I'm not that familiar with the effects of specific bc pills on acne, so maybe another board member can give you advice on that. I know some can help acne and others can worsen it.