Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DaddyBigFunk

Washing face twice a day.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out here. First of all lets get this out the way, I'm a guy but I do wear a small amount of foundation on my whole face everyday to cover up spots and the red marks I have from them (and I have a lot) I'm not gay I just hate acne.

What I wanted to know is, I wanted to experiment and try not washing my face for about a month or more to see if that will help my acne because everyone I know with clear skin hardly ever washes there face certainly not twice a day anyway.

But since I wear a bit off foundation I feel like I have to wash it off every night and wash in the morning. Do girls wash there faces with cleanser twice a day? I doubt it my sister definitely doesn't and she has no spots! could I go to bed with it on and just not wash in the morning since it comes off at night for some reason anyway really probably since I roll around in bed and the shower water will take off the rest or should I just continue with what I'm doing?

Pretty much everyone i know, and pretty much everyone i know doesnt have acne, still washes their face. I wouldnt not wash your face. I wash my face once a day in the morning, and sometimes at night if i broke out i will, then use a mask or something. You could try using aspirin as a spot mask, it works.

Well, first off the foundation your using should be then kind that wont make you breakout. and some people just don't have acne, but washing your face twice a day certainly won't make it any worse because it's getting all the dirt off of your face. ALWAYS wash off foundation, if not it willll make you breakout. I would just keep washing your face twice a day, or if you really don't want to, you could always use those face cleansing pads for acne.