Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my doctor prescribed me benzaclin (though it really did nothing) so i've been using it twice a day, morning and night, for about a month and a half now.

i ordered dan's BP and AHA and just started his regimen, and am no longer applying the benzaclin.

however, i was thinking, since the benzaclin had BP in it and my skin seems to already have a fair tolerance to BP, can i ramp up to the full dosage faster than normal? i'm thinking my full dosage would be about a pump and a half, maybe slightly less, since i don't need to use it on my forehead, my nose, or above my lip.

i was feeling bold last night and used about a whole pump just to see, and it didn't seem to adversely affect my skin.

the same goes for the AHA. you're not supposed to use it until your skin has adjusted to the BP and you're a few weeks into the regimen, but since my skin seems to be used to the BP, do you think it would be ok to spot treat with the AHA soon?

Edited by shemilyyy