Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deletethisshit

Is this normal?

Some days where my red marks look faint, if I were to let's say... shave over them with a manual razor... that they become very red? Is this because the blood vessels underneath are reacting or are they really always that red, it just happens that they seemed faint because... it's a build up of dead skin or something over the period of a few days which covers them causing them to look fainter?

I don't know, lately my mind seems so obsessed with wanting to know that days where my marks seem faint there is nothing like secretly covering them you know, like that I'm living a lie, I want to know they are faint cause they are improving, not they are faint cause they are covered with stuff.

Well....it isn't normal to be so obsessed over red marks. Or to allow them so much control over you. Agree with above poster's suggestions also.

Well....it isn't normal to be so obsessed over red marks. Or to allow them so much control over you. Agree with above poster's suggestions also.

I know, I know... I'm pretty sure I have BDD over these blemishes. You just have to understand, my situation is different than most here. My red marks were formerly brown beauty marks, and I never noticed them till about the age of 17, at which point my mind has been obsessed with them and removing them. Years later, I still have their remnants (these red marks) that are taking years to fade and are playing more games with me than my brown marks ever have. Some days good, some days bad, looking red as hell after I shave, etc etc. Things I never knew and was never told going in for laser treatments to remove them in the first place. I also thought they would take like a month to fade, and I am now 2 years into the fading process and still have a long way to go. I wake up every morning saying something I'm grateful for and try to change the way my mind thinks about them... but it's hard to change the way you feel when you look in a mirror.

Guest frogskinshoelace

Hows that v-beam working jamsey?

My smoothbeam/vbeam continues to work. My doctor expects my skin to be completely normal by December. However, I have my doubts. I think there will still be some marks. He said if that is the case, I can do 1 more treatment, which I will fortunately be able to cover with insurance.

This treatment takes a lot longer than I originally thought, but still way faster than any other option. Hopefully Ill have completely clear skin by around February.

Oh my god... am I seeing things? You're really back? Where the fuck have you been man!

In terms of my treatments it's so-so right now. Basically it's like this: my first treatment was strong enough to make one red mark bruise but not the other... a month later I thought MAYBE they were a LITTLE lighter but nothing special... about 4 weeks after my first, I got my second treatment. My derm upped the power and again one bruised really well, and the other sort of bruised in places but more so just got redder. It took longer to recover from, but now almost 8 weeks later I'm seeing some changes. For awhile I switched to an electric razor because I wanted to avoid irritating my red marks, but eventually returned to razor blades just to see their reaction to it. To my surprise, they seem a lot less reactive. They get redder, but it's almost like it's not as bad, and then it seems to return to normal fairly quickly after. Actually, these past 1 or 2 times shaving there was almost no change in there appearance after shaving, and I shaved and would wash my face right after also (somewhat aggressively too) and still they'd be ok. In terms of their general appearance, I feel now I'm noticing they are definitely lighter, nothing super amazing, but a noticeable improvement in my eyes. However, yesterday I had to sort of scratch one to get some shit off and it got quite red and has been staying that way for awhile so I don't know...

I definitely plan to try to get at least 2 more treatments (hopefully before summer) because I'm noticing positive changes. You should look around the boards also, I think we might have post inflammatory erythema (dilated blood vessels) more than we do post inflammatory hyper pigmentation (brown marks). Just scroll down the boards a bit and you'll find my monster thread on that. Anyways, that's about it... how are your marks doing/where have you been?

Guest frogskinshoelace

Im back at college, just doing that kind of shit. I dont really think to come around here anymore.

My marks are just getting better and better. I will still try to get the before/after picks when I finish.