Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lllvlll

[Pic included]Raw looking cheeks

So my acne has pretty much stopped but now I'm left with cheeks that look somewhat raw... You can see the difference in skin tone from the picture below, and it is alot more obvious in real life.

I'm wondering has anyone else had this? my cheeks feel quite smooth, it does seem like there's a layer of skin missing on my cheeks compared to the skintone on my forhead or nose area.

I use neutrogena oil free acne wash with 2% salicylic acid, and used to use it 3 times a day, now twice a day. I never wore moisturizers before but have started wearing them recently, but the skin still looks raw, even maybe worse than before...

Any clue on what may be the cause of this? Sleeping patterns? Water intake? the face wash? Or better yet, anyone have a solution to eliminate this raw redish look?

Thanks for all the inputs in advance.

post-135518-1286068397_thumb.jpg

post-135518-1286068397_thumb.jpg

Edited by lllvlll

Your skin definitely looks perfect

It's the lighting, during daytime outside, it is alot more noticeable =/

keep on moisturizing.

So I'm guessing the main cause of this is not enough moisturization? Should I go to bed with moisturizers on my face? Because my face is quit sensitive =/

Also, how much water should I be taking in in a day? I only drink like 1.5 litres per day currently, is that enough?

I don't think you're supposed to drink more than 2 liters of water a day. I think you're drinking plenty, perhaps even more than enough.

Your skin looks pretty darn good to me, but if you feel raw I'd suggest moisturizing morning and night. I bet that will help it feel a lot better.

yours is 10 times better than mine just use sun cream when ever you go out mine look like these

Edited by scar DJ

Try Emu Oil. It helps with any redness and is an amazing moisturizer. I guarantee you will notice a difference after 2 weeks of using it. Purchase from Botanic Choice.

anyone know where I could get emu oil in vancouver? Also, from what I've read, it isn't good for oily skin? and mine is

Edited by lllvlll

anyone know where I could get emu oil in vancouver? Also, from what I've read, it isn't good for oily skin? and mine is

Vancouver WA or Vancouver BC?

Vancouver WA or Vancouver BC?

BC Canada :confused: