Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SurferGirl656

A little help with low carb question?

Hey guys, so ive been following a strict low carb diet for about a month. my skin is looking really good and i pretty much never get breakouts anymore. i even lost 5kgs. my question is everytime i eat even a little bit of high carb foods i break out and i was wondering if i will always have to eat this way to maintain clear skin? or will my body evetually get over it? i dont really worry about food anymore but the thought of NEVER having pasta/cake/etc again is pretty depressing.

Your body will eventually get STRONGER, but will never get over it because they'll always be bad foods, and they'll always have a negative effect even if it's minor. Doesn't mean you can't eat them ever again, you don't have to be perfect.

Edited by uncle buck

It isn't the amount of carbs but the glycemic impact. Eat them in combination with low GI foods and only have small amounts. It's the GL of the meal that matters.

Also, there are plenty of other things you can do to improve your body's ability to metabolize carbs/sugars involving nutrients, sleep, circadian cycle and regular physical activity: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Good-Acne...es-t230714.html

It's also possible it isn't the carbs in the cake or pasta, but the wheat/gluten.

Edited by alternativista