Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zach0808

Speeding it up?

Hello there, I have been on the regimen for 3 or 4 months and it's been working great. Just wondering if you could speed up the drying process of the BP. It just seems to take much longer than 15 minutes. And yes I do thoroughly apply the BP

Thanks

I like to sit and fan myself with my wooden fan or put my face in front of an oscillating fan to help the drying process.

I like to sit and fan myself with my wooden fan or put my face in front of an oscillating fan to help the drying process.

it doesnt take that long for mine to dry...why is that?

There are several factors. First, assuming you are using acne.org products, are you using the pump dispenser or the tube? If you have the tube, then you have to judge the dosage by the fingerlength method. In this case, you may be overcompensating and using more bp than 2 pumps worth. I used to use a thick, elevated fingers lenth which actually turned out to be about 4 full pumps when I finally got the pump dispenser.

Once I reduced my dosage to 2 pumps, it only took 5-10 minutes to dry, instead of 20+ minutes. Another issue that I had with drying was during the summer when its hot and humid. My room can get really hot, so I would sweat within minutes after washing my face. When you combine sweat and bp, it turns into an oil slick. In that case, I would sit by a fan to speed up the drying.

Interesting point Jared. It takes ages for mine to dry too, and yes I use the tube because I'm in UK and it isn't possible to buy the pump dispenser without painful customs charges. I do tend to err on the generous side, because obviously the possible consequences of not are too terrible to contemplate lol! Maybe I'll reduce it a teeny bit.

It would be good if Dan could eventually produce BP in the 8oz smaller pump containers like the ones he uses for the moisturiser and cleanser. I've though of decanting the BP into an empty one of those, but it could get messy.

Maybe buying a one-off big bottle (and suffering the customs once) and then when empty, decanting the tubes into it, would work?