Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mboona

flat dark nodule?

hey what should I do about pimples that look like dark bruises about the size of a dime, circular, relatively flat and not really inflamed and hurts a little bit to the touch on the side of my cheek? I've been using tretinoin to bring it to a head, but there appears to be no head at all and it's been over a week. From a far it just looks like post hyperpigmentation marks. From my experience, large pimples need to be popped or else they will keep coming back? - is this true? Anyone ever experience these??

Sometimes its true and sometimes its not. The reason for a recurrent cyst or nodule in the same place is because they leave an impaction which causes future breakouts on the same spot. If you are really worried about it, go to the derm and they will inject that sucker with cortisone and it should go down really fast and not leave an impaction behind. Hope this helps!

how long should i give it before I consider a cortisone shot? It's been a week and ive noticed thats its finally starting to protrude up more / become inflamed which is good because then a head should form soon. I've never had a cyst for more than 2 weeks. So hopefully this will go away soon.