Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnerob

anyone who's been on accutane

Hey everyone,

I could really do with anyone who's been on accutane, help me/ suggest what to do now.

i am 16, male. i saw a derm and she suggested accutane. i have probbly about 15 whiteheads scattered about my face, no pustules/nodules (one of the main reasons the derm suggested it is because my g.p. thinks i am depressed from acn so she wants to get it sorted.). I am mainly dealing with red marks. But i use makeup when i am at college, i just dont want them to get any worse really. However, i come home from college everyday with a REALLY oily face - it looks like i have jojoba oil on (which i do at night) and accutane is supposed to stop oily skin. also, i spend all my pocket money, and money i earn on funding supplies for dans regimen, and dont have any left to but games, or clothes ar anything. accutane would sort this my derm said cause i wouldnt need anything else apart from mositruzer. i spend about 1 hour every morning ad 1 hour every night, doingthe regimen, and i usualy dont have much timeto do my school work.

To be honest, apart from coming home with an oily face, i am reasonably happy with my face compared to how it was. At college, my skin is just normal really, a few white heads here and there (apart from the oily face) and afterreading the side afects of accutane, not sure whether i should go on it and make my skin possibly worse ( redness, red marks are redder, enormous break out first off etc . . ) so was hoping accutae users could guide me in the right direction.

How bad is the initial breakout, what type of spots (whiteheads, pustules), and how long does it take to subside?

how bad is the redness caused by accutane? how long does it last for? and can it be covered with makeup easily?

How bad is the flaking? how long does it last for? will moisturizer sort it out without me lookin shiny?

does accutane make red marks worse? does it scar the skin?

Summary -

problems i have-

-very oily face

-stubborn whiteheads

-all my money spent on supplies

-red marks

so i would really, really appreciate anyone who could offer me advice about what to do, and could answer my questions.

Thanks ever so much for reading this, sorry for the essay, and i hope you all succeed on whichever regimens your doing.

keep it real people!

Rob

Edited by acnerob

Here are some answers based on my own personal experience with Accutane:

How bad is the initial breakout, what type of spots (whiteheads, pustules), and how long does it take to subside?
Edited by ner0

Everyone reacts to accutane differently. I used to get really oily skin, and since I've been on it, the oilness is gone. But I'm not so dry that I flake or anything, I don't even moisturize. My advice is to give it a shot. Trust me, you will not miss the oil.

Okay thanks a lot people :) i am seriously thinking about giving it a shot, but just so worried about some of the side effects people experience.