Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doppleganger

Why would i need an aftershave?

I currently have a Gilette Sensor Excel with Nivea for Men sensitive shave gel as my shaving tools. From my preliminary shave, it didnt burn/itch at all (probably because i have little to no facial hair, i just needed to get rid of some fuzz). So question is, why would i need an aftershave? Also, wont putting on aftershave interfere with my regimen because i shave 1 hour before putting on my regimen so wouldnt putting on aftershave mean i have to wash it off afterwards? If i should buy an aftershave, then whats a good non-comodegenic one for a sensitive face that can well accompany my aforementioned tools? Oh, and how often should i replace my shaving blades? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks smile.gif

I've never used aftershave. Never felt the need for it all.

Could imagine it could be quite harsh on your skin as well.

You need change your blades when you feel they are 'dragging' or pulling at your hair, not cutting it cleanly away. But if, as you say, you have little to no facial hair, that's not really a problem - in that case, a blade will last for ages.