Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Glitters

Should i pop this cyst type thing?

So ive had this cyst thing for a month now and it was starting to go away, but then it grew to nearly twice the size, and is now 10mm in diametre and sticks right out of my face. So I went to see the doctor and he said it was a staph infection (basicaly a massive ball of puss under the skin) i'm not sure if thats what a cyst is or not. Anyway he gave me some different anti biotics and now theres a line of small white heads down one side of it and im not sure if I should try to pop it or not. Anyone have any ideas ??

I know what you mean, I had some of these. Good thing you are on antibiotics, because that stuff is no ordinary pimple. I cannot give definite advice, can you make a close-up photo of it?

So ive had this cyst thing for a month now and it was starting to go away, but then it grew to nearly twice the size, and is now 10mm in diametre and sticks right out of my face. So I went to see the doctor and he said it was a staph infection (basicaly a massive ball of puss under the skin) i'm not sure if thats what a cyst is or not. Anyway he gave me some different anti biotics and now theres a line of small white heads down one side of it and im not sure if I should try to pop it or not. Anyone have any ideas ??

Leave it alone as it's a staph infection and thus not acne.

I agree leave it alone. But sometimes staph infections get very painful and drain on their own, if this happens go to the doctor and have they drain it themselves. They have the equipment to prevent the spread of infection...staph is very contagious to other parts of the skin and I sincerly doubt you want another one of these.

I know exactely what you mean ! I always get those exept I get them between my nose and eyebrow so it looks like I have extra skin and I look deformed, Thank god I wear glasses so you can't really tell :P But anyways I think you should leave it alone because popping it can make it worse and irritate it. Hope helped !

I know exactely what you mean ! I always get those exept I get them between my nose and eyebrow so it looks like I have extra skin and I look deformed, Thank god I wear glasses so you can't really tell :P But anyways I think you should leave it alone because popping it can make it worse and irritate it. Hope I helped !

I would definetly leave it alone, I had one of these on my jawline and made the mistake of popping it. It has left an indented scare now. Just leave it, its worth the wait of it going away.

trust me I learned the hard way dont mess with it leave it alone.call a derm and get it injected with cortizone I will be gone in about 4 days.