Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nufc

cheap regiment

I am 19 and been suffering with acne for around 2 and half years, however during a period of this time i just had the odd break out and thought my acne was clearing for good. However it came back and i am suffering realy bad break outs in particulary around my jaw line and the bottom of my cheaks, they are visible red marks. I have tried using BP on its own and apple cider vinegar amongst other methods i have read on the internet and they have all been unsuccessful.

I am willing to give the regimen ago however being a student the regimen you can buy from acne.org isnt cheap, therefore i am wondering if anyone has got a regimen using similar products but doesnt cost as much, obviously the BP will be a similar amount however any cleanser and moisturing products that are cheaper ?

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thankyou

Edited by nufc

Yeah, I had the same problem.

Living in Australia postage costs on top of the cost of the regimen products made it pretty expensive.

I use 'Dove Beauty Bar' as a cleanser, 2.5% or 4% BP (from any chemist) and Cetaphil moisturizer.

Depending on where you live, you will have to look around and see what's available to you.

Also you can buy supplements like zinc and fish oil relatively cheap and they've helped me a lot. Fish oil helps reduce redness and zinc will help breakouts clear up faster.

I hope this helped!

Yes i live in the UK so shipping costs arent cheap, cheers mate i'll have a look around and see what i can find

I'm on a limited budget too, so this is what I suggest:

-Cleanser: Dove Beauty Bar. Cheap as nothing else, and works great.

-BP: For this one, just buy the Acne.org BP. You are getting an amazing deal if you really work it out. You're not going to find a BP that big for so cheap anywhere. It will last you several months as well, even just the 8 oz. bottle.

-Moisturizer: CeraVe. This is probably the best moisturizer I have come across. It costs about the same as most drugstore moisturizers ($13) but it comes in a ginormous bottle. It too will last you a while, and really helps prevent any flakiness that can happen. Also, this isn't greasy at all. It leaves a very matte finish.

Here is what I did, and my acne is completly gone. I started using proactive and it dried my face out pretty bad, but it helped so I kept using it till it ran out. I reordered, still haven't received it after almost two weeks, but anyway I needed something in the mean time. So I ordered the BP from this site, the big bottle, and I went to Walmart and bought Neutrogena, MEN, invigorating face wash. Its found near the shaving cream. I wash with this twice a day and apply the BP after washing and pat drying. I only use like a pea size amount for my whole face. Also if I get any pimples I use a small needle to pop it. Just dip it in alcohol prior to use. As of right now and for the last 3 weeks I have been clear. No dryness, no irritation, just clear skin. The BP from this site it really good. I would suggest it to anyone. Oh and do not pick or touch your skin, wash your hands alot too. This has been working for me.