Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luvskincare13

Going in for tca cross this Monday!!!

And I just cant wait to see the afters. I will post right afterwards and then when I see some results hopefully. I am nervous and anxious and hope everything goes well and that there are some noticable results. Fingers crossed.

I took a few photos to capture all my scarring and I will do the same with my afters regardless out outcome.

See you guys Monday:)

IMG_5814.jpga>IMG_5808.jpgIMG_5802.jpgIMG_5796.jpgIMG_5783.jpgIMG_5754.jpgIMG_5706.jpgIMG_5700.jpgIMG_5693.jpgIMG_5667.jpg

img tags don't work; they're disabled. Try just making them links.

Good luck with the CROSS!!!! I think you'll find it a good experience (I hope anyway!)

Your scars are very small and shallow.

You will probably almost completely get rid of your scars in 2 or 3 sessions.

Tomorrow is the day and i am feeling so nervous. I know its not a huge deal to just get tca cross but I just hope things go well and I dont make matters worse. I am still undecided how many I want to have treated tomorrow. I have a birthday party to go to on Friday and dont want to look like a freak with a bunch of scabs so I am just not sure yet. I just hope that I will be okay with the results. Like the other post where the OP had it done and ended up with shallower but wider scars I just dont think I would be happy with that outcome. Well, keep your fingers crossed for me. Hopefully they just disappear!!!!

todays the day of your tca cross jackiey - wooooooooooooo :)

if you read this before heading out, go all out with them...im sure u'll still look fine in time for the birthday party.

So I ended up not getting the treatment done today but I did see the dr. but I will have to use a high dose of hydroquinone first 8% to be exact.(hyperpigment easily). I am now scheduled for 3 treatments as she thinks that is all I will need. She also got me a prescription of Spironolactone which she believes my testosterone is too high and this will diminish my pores!!!!!!!!!!!Now if that works I would be super happy. She says 3 weeks for me to start noticing a difference. So my treatment will follow as:

start HQ

November 8th-20%tca peel and tca cross on as many scars as I like

December 9th- 20%tca peel and tca cross

January?-20%tca peel and tca cross

and she is charging me $125 per treatment.......awesome

So I ended up not getting the treatment done today but I did see the dr. but I will have to use a high dose of hydroquinone first 8% to be exact.(hyperpigment easily). I am now scheduled for 3 treatments as she thinks that is all I will need. She also got me a prescription of Spironolactone which she believes my testosterone is too high and this will diminish my pores!!!!!!!!!!!Now if that works I would be super happy. She says 3 weeks for me to start noticing a difference. So my treatment will follow as:

start HQ

November 8th-20%tca peel and tca cross on as many scars as I like

December 9th- 20%tca peel and tca cross

January?-20%tca peel and tca cross

and she is charging me $125 per treatment.......awesome

good price.

But what kind of doctor would give you a prescription of spironolactone without even knowing your testosterone value ??? That seems weird to me. I don't think this is how medications should be handled.

I kinda agree Mr. Don but maybe she is used to seeing the symptoms. It was strange but I actually really do have pcos. Diagnosed years ago and all the drs I had seen basically did nothing for me.

125.00 is an amazing price considering some charge 700.00.

I kinda agree Mr. Don but maybe she is used to seeing the symptoms. It was strange but I actually really do have pcos. Diagnosed years ago and all the drs I had seen basically did nothing for me.

125.00 is an amazing price considering some charge 700.00.

Great! When I read your posts I had a feeling you had PCOS. You are going to be a new woman after you start treatment. Spiro should really help you, if you have PCOS, and I mean whole body -- not just skin.

IMO Cross should be an inexpensive treatment especially if the doctor knows what they are doing.

Luckily i get mine done free from the best derm in the UK

IMO Cross should be an inexpensive treatment especially if the doctor knows what they are doing.

Luckily i get mine done free from the best derm in the UK

im jealous of pumpking and jackiey now...cheap and free treatments....although i guess we cant complain..its still cheaper than most other treatments out there.

my derm said it would cost $220 each procedure with an added $20 which is the cost of making an appointment. lol i think this extra amount is to pay for all the secretaries she has sitting at the front desk. theres 5 of them at 3 seperate desks! one for coming, three for going and another for moving people in and out of the waiting room.

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

ONLY $125 per treatment? Lucky! I wish I could find a professional with a cost like that. How did you find yours??

ONLY $125 per treatment? Lucky! I wish I could find a professional with a cost like that. How did you find yours??

yellow pages...do you have the yellow pages in the US, or is just an aussie thing?

there doesnt seem to be too many tca cross docs about, so you might be best sending the tca cross study over to a few docs/derms and asking for a quote...im sure many would be keen to give it a try, plus it means you get to choose one in your price range.

AmyElizabeth94 recommended me to her. Thank goodness because I kept meeting drs. that suggested lasers and fillers which I doubt would help me.

We have the yellow pages here too but I like to search on the net!

Jackiey,

Well, getting a plan should feel empowering. You will probably be over the moon with your skin come the new year. You deserve it.

Is this doctor in Texas?

Also, good luck with the spiro. I hope it helps.

I'm glad you found a doc whom you trust, who is willing to do the CROSS (and not push for a more expensive method!) and who is in your area. :D

It's great the doctor has you on a pre-treatment program, too.

Thanks everyone for your support. It means alot to me and I enjoy coming here and getting advice/trying to help others out too.

I really like my new derm and I cant wait to finally get this treatment done. I am glad to get prepped first due to I pigment so easily. I am just hoping to really improve my skin overall and hopefully with treatments and meds I can accomplish this. I really do think that my scarring is more noticable to people then one might think. Infact within the first few seconds of meeting my new derm she said "Okay so you want to improve acne scarring. Tca cross would be best" I had never mentioned to her what I was there for. I am hoping for the day when my skin looks great. I hope this is possible:)

Yay Jackiey! I'm glad your appointment went well. I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes for you. I'm on spiro as well and LOVE it. It really helped my inflamed breakouts. I still have clogged pores, but I'm only on 50mg. Good luck with everything and keep us posted!

So it has been a week since starting the Spiro meds at it appears to be working. Less oil but a little bit more breaking out then usual. I think maybe IB going on. Have not noticed a difference in pore size but I kinda think I never will. I think I am always going to have large pores.

I am just kinda doubting my decision to do tca cross and yet another peel. I have not canceled my appointment and the dR. seems great but I am concerned that I could make things worse and that would probably really depress me if that were to happen. I keep reading posts where others claim that although their scars shallowed they widened. I dont want that to happen. I think my scars are pretty shallow and small!? so why would I want to make them widen????

I was hoping they would get lost and that I would have smooth skin. If that cant be accomplished then why should I bother.....

I have a few more weeks to decide but as of right now I am not to sure. I dont have a crystal ball and have no idea of the outcome so that scares me. It would really suck bad if my skin turned out worse because of it

So it has been a week since starting the Spiro meds at it appears to be working. Less oil but a little bit more breaking out then usual. I think maybe IB going on. Have not noticed a difference in pore size but I kinda think I never will. I think I am always going to have large pores.

I am just kinda doubting my decision to do tca cross and yet another peel. I have not canceled my appointment and the dR. seems great but I am concerned that I could make things worse and that would probably really depress me if that were to happen. I keep reading posts where others claim that although their scars shallowed they widened. I dont want that to happen. I think my scars are pretty shallow and small!? so why would I want to make them widen????

I was hoping they would get lost and that I would have smooth skin. If that cant be accomplished then why should I bother.....

I have a few more weeks to decide but as of right now I am not to sure. I dont have a crystal ball and have no idea of the outcome so that scares me. It would really suck bad if my skin turned out worse because of it

Ask the doctor if s/he's seen any areas widen. I believe that most on these boards who had theirs widen did their own CROSSes. I did my own CROSS but none widened. It seems highly technique-dependent. For instance, do not get the solution on the edge of the scar, only at the base.

Thanks Wynn

I will ask her if she has seen scars widen. Thats just not my goal!!!

I think I am a little nervous because although I have heard good claims I really never see pictures to back them up. And the photos I have seen I have not really seen any results.

Thanks Wynn

I will ask her if she has seen scars widen. Thats just not my goal!!!

I think I am a little nervous because although I have heard good claims I really never see pictures to back them up. And the photos I have seen I have not really seen any results.

Those are some posters who had good results. With pics! :D Their pics are what convinced me to go for it.

ha, I found another old post of mine with instructions.

The below advice is not to be considered final. It is not to be considered an ok to go ahead with the procedure, and it is not to be substituted for professional medical advice of a person who has examined you in person. You should check with your dermatologist or physician for questions or persons you know (in person) who have done the procedure you're interested in.

....Had frosting in 10 seconds, so I'm sure it is the real stuff. Use toothpicks and for the smallest ice pick scars, you might want to sharpen some toothpicks even more so that no part of the toothpick could touch the side of your scars.

If you buy from ebay, do not buy from maille or however he spells his name. Take a look at his feedback and you'll be surprised at the rudeness of the man. Gee, he also sells headlight cleaner.

I would Do ONE Scar in an out of the way location first to see how it goes, THEN attempt the others after you have given that ONE scar time to heal.

Precare:

Wash your face. Let dry.

Apply acetone wipes or alcohol wipes to the entire area you will treat.

Work in a bathroom or location that is well lighted and clean, with a door you can close to prevent pets and other people from entering.

Set out all your supplies:

Toothpicks

Antibiotic ointment (neosporin or polysporin)

The bottle of TCA. PUT ON GLOVES.

A digital camera if you are so inclined :P

Application:

WEAR GLOVES.

Open the bottle of TCA. Put it down on the counter away from where you might accidentally knock it over. Put it on your dominant side for ease of use.

Take the dropper top off the bottle (continue wearing those gloves!)

I set the dropper top in a shot glass so that I wouldn't spill acid on the counter and dipped toothpicks directly into the bottle.

Dip one toothpick into the acid

Gently apply the toothpick to the center of a depressed scar.

It WILL sting, but it is not horrible.

Make sure you cover the entire bottom surface of the scar WITHOUT touching the sides.

The treated area will frost over.

The surrounding skin may or may not turn red! (Mine did)

Use a new toothpick when the old one becomes less sharp.

It will take more than fifteen minutes to do your whole face if you have considerable scarring and are very careful with your technique.

Aftercare:

Apply the antibiotic ointment to your treated areas.

Continue to apply the antibiotic ointment for several days.

Limit sun exposure for MONTHS.

You might consider applying copper peptides to the treated areas after 4-5 days. In perhaps three days, scabs might develop. Do NOT pick them. Keep them moist with Aquaphor. If infection sets in, GO TO YOUR DOCTOR.

If I see any improvements in my scars, I will post pics. I took pics immediately prior to applying the TCA and then right after I had applied the TCA and the antibiotic ointment. In a few weeks we'll see if I will post it all.

My old computer with my pics died. Those pics are lost forever. Pfui.