Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
By the way does anyone know if acanya is covered by blue shield?

I'm not sure about this question, but I just wanted to say that I've been using Acanya for 4+ months now and I LOVE it. It's really helped reduce my moderate acne and it doesn't dry my skin out. I highly recommend it and hope you have a good experience with it too!

haha. No worries. yeah I've been using the ingredients separately and mixing them together on my face. I think I will really like acanya gel. I'm looking forward to getting it tomorrow!

So I've been using the two main ingredients for over a year now of acanya gel. I used the actual gel this morning and I love it. However a couple hours later... my face was a little puffy. When applied the gel did not sting or burn. I don't know if this could be an allergic reaction.... I don't know how quickly one would have to form...I've never had an "allergic reaction" to any topical. I'm wondering though. I went out to dinner last night at this place that I use to work. I did not have any bread and it's an Italian restaurant. I did have a chopped salad.... I seriously think that places uses msg..... I was up all night last night. And that would explain the puffiness. I know I am very sensitive to that. but not "Acanya gel" I looked up things on the internet... and there aren't really any side effects like that. Has anybody experienced this?

It's been three days since using this gel... gotta say loving it. Before I was on 7% BP. Which I think was too much. Now my skin is just really liking the 2.5% it still feels like it's doing the job of keeping "the bacteria" under control and at the same time lets my skin do its natural thing. Me likey :)

So I've been using the two main ingredients for over a year now of acanya gel. I used the actual gel this morning and I love it. However a couple hours later... my face was a little puffy. When applied the gel did not sting or burn. I don't know if this could be an allergic reaction.... I don't know how quickly one would have to form...I've never had an "allergic reaction" to any topical. I'm wondering though. I went out to dinner last night at this place that I use to work. I did not have any bread and it's an Italian restaurant. I did have a chopped salad.... I seriously think that places uses msg..... I was up all night last night. And that would explain the puffiness. I know I am very sensitive to that. but not "Acanya gel" I looked up things on the internet... and there aren't really any side effects like that. Has anybody experienced this?

It seems like you have this problem under control, but I just wanted to say that anytime you introduce a new product to your skin, even if you've been using some of the active ingredients beforehand, you run the risk of having a reaction. The puffiness could have been the food (I know tons of people that swell up when they eat MSG, the stuff is horrible) and probably was, but even if it wasn't one of the negatives about starting a new skin care regimen is the potential of a bad reaction. But from your most recent post it sounds like you're not having a problem with it anymore, which is great! I hope Acanya keeps working for you!

Hey thanks smashley!!! Yeah I'm pretty sure that it was the food. It was very strange... I looked like I gained 5 lbs in my face. My body is really sensitive to any kinda of change that goes on within my body. That's why I'm thinking if I was going to have a reaction to getting off the pill it might have already occurred. I will never touch my old works food again. It was completely awful. My heart was racing at night. I didn't sleep at all. Got up the next day and felt like poop. Came home took a nap. And my face was swollen. So strange!!