Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mboona

salicylic acid on dry skin

can i use a cleanser with salicylic acid even on dry skin followed by a moisturizer?

to help exofolliate?

How severe is your acne?

If you have dry skin from using BP, use a mild cleanser and only to get the surface clean, you don't want to irritate your skin.

If you don't use BP, but you have naturally dry skin, you will want to use a mild cleanser, and from what I've heard, combine jojoba oil and moisturizer and apply that afterward.

I'm struggling with dry skin and very mild acne right now, but I'm afraid to stop my regime in case I break out.

The only salicylic acid Cleanser i use is Clearasil Skin perfecting Wash since it is a cream cleanser and it has 2% SA and it does not give you the "freeze face" effect and for under 5 dollars it is without a doubt a great product for the price. But i only leave it on for 2 minutes. If you leave it on longer the SA will start stinging , but if you are looking for a Cleanser that has SA and wont overdry your skin, use this cleanser but dont leave it on for me than 2 minutes .