Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Altair66

cyst for 2 months

I have a cyst that comes up and hurts for about a week or two, then doesn't hurt and just itches after those 2 weeks, but stays red. Then the redness went away but i felt it underneath the skin. Now its back in the same spot with vengeance, almost twice as large. its been painful for about 4 days, and today it isnt painful anymore but it is just itchy. Is there anything I could do to keep it away for good? Any my second question is, When it doesnt hurt anymore but it itches, what does that mean.

P.S. I dont itch my skin or touch my face at all

The cyst is on the top ridge of my cheek

I took accutane for 6 months and My acne almost completely dissappeared just for background. I've also taken docycycline, minocycline and other antibiotics. Any tips and answers to my questions would be great!

Thank you

Okay you have a couple questions, so let me make sure that I answer them all, lol! Sometimes when a cyst or nodule keeps coming back in the same place, it means it left an impaction. This is what is causing it to reappear (I have one right now and it sucks!). What you can do is get a cortisone shot when the cyst is active and that should keep it away for good. Now for the itchy acne, well that is more tricky. It could be that your skin is very dry there (maybe you have been putting a lot of chemicals on the skin that dry the skin) and that is why it is itchy. I sometimes get itchy acne and it usually means my skin is very dry. So since you took all those medicines before, what are you taking now?

nothing, just gentle skin cleanser from cetaphil, and my skin isnt really drying at all. I also use moisturizer at night before i go to bed after my shower.

Then if your skin is not dry and it doesnt sound like it should be, I am stumped about the itchy cyst :( But i would still get a cortisone shot, that should keep it away for good and the cortisone will prevent itching.