Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CGxGabriel

5 Weeks into regimen

So i just finished my 4th week on the regimen and ive been following it precisely. One problem is that im still breaking out but more then usual. If this is the point where hope is lost then its happening to me. Im going to stick the regimen for 2 more months but seriously this sucks cause i might scar from these breakouts. Ive ordered emu oil to help the recovery process. How long am i supposed to wait till i start really clearing up?

Don't give up yet. Wait 2 more months. 3 tablets of fish oil and 50 mg of zinc everyday may help.

Hahaha you cant be telling me that. How much has yours improved though, you must be at least 80-90% clear?

I'm about 90% yes, but I started the regimen at 90%. Before that I was 95-99% clear for several months. My skin has gotten worse than usual while on the regimen, and at best is the same as when I started.

I've kind of gotten used to things not working out... I've tried nearly everything over the past 5 or so years with no luck. I may do a course of accutane starting in the next month. Best of luck I hope this works for you.

I had a big breakout of about 4 whiteheads on my chin-- yuck!-- at the end of my 4th week/beginning of the 5th. This is definitely a time when many people get discouraged because it's kind of like the second wave of the initial breakout. Generally people start to clear up and stay clear around the 6-8 week marks. I cleared up around then and I had a lot of crap lurking under the surface the skin on my chin. Around 3 full months your skin will probably be looking very good.

Hang in there, and even you too, little guy. You really have to make sure you're doing things exactly right on, and I know it can be frustrating. Sometimes I wish I didn't have to be so damn gentle with my skin because I know that if I rub too hard or something I'll probably get a clogged pore or something within the next week or so.

I came off the regimen after 2 months because I wasn't seeing consistent results, but am now back on it and STILL breaking out, so I know how you feel- I think this is about my 3rd week back with the regimen and things are looking pretty glum. Good luck, hopefully things will start to pick up for you (and me!!) soon!