Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello, I have been on the regimen for 5 weeks now and it seems like the redness has gotten worse but the flaking has long stopped. I know they usually go hand in hand so I am not sure what that means. At this point, my skin is generally clear and at the start of the regimen I stopped using make up, now I have to apply cover up for the redness. I am using all the products on the regimen and may spot treat with the AHA+ but that really sets my face on fire so won't use it very often. Has anyone else experienced this? I want to stay on this plan but not sure if I can w/ this red face, ugh!

For me personally the redness went from red to like a tan so i dont mind it as much. But the skin should get used to it. I havent used jojoba oil but i heard that can really help. I personally just ordererd emu oil cause that is supposed to really help with mosturization to.

Thanks for the advice. I do use Dan's regimen and jojoba mixed in w/ the moisturizer but that hasn't really helped. My skin feels really uncomfortable (red/itchy/tight) after immediately after completing the regimen steps and only after a couple of hours it calms down but I am really considering stopping the regimen. Why did you buy emu as opposed to jojoba? I actually like the jojoba! How long did the redness last? How long have you been on it?

Still waiting for the emu to come in but from what ive heard it helps with mosturization and inflamation so thats always a plus. Some people also take 10-12 drops of jojoba oil and massage it into their faces for like 10 minutes, i dont know at which point of the process but that seemed to help some people.