Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcneShark

Failed Popped Pustule

I just tried to pop a larger-than-usual pimple on my face with the method on the site, but I guess it wasn't ready to be popped. When I poked it with a needle, the white spilled out, and I squeezed out some more. However, not as much came out afterward and another hole opened up near the red ring surrounding the pimple. It looked liked some blood came out, but not as much as when I used to forcefully pop acne. I stopped anyway and put Neosporin on it. 8 hours later, the pimple feels dry and blood has hardened over the sides.

Can I try to pop it again?

Should I put more Neosporin on it? Or should I just leave it alone?

Will it leave a scar / dark mark because I messed up the pop?

And of course, How long will it be there?

Sorry If it got wordy and long, but thanks for taking the time to read this. Any help would be appreciated.

well, if it feels dry and blood has hardened on the sides, it's probably no good to try and pop again. what i usually notice with failed popped pimples is one of two things will happen. you might have gotten enough of it, or just caused it to bruise, and that's all it's going to do. but then there's the other kind, which over the next day or so, the pus really does start to build, and then it turns into a bigger pustule that will probably hurt to the touch.

as for right now, it sounds like you have a bit of a bruise, so go ahead with some neosporin, but ultimately just don't touch it, don't bother with it, and see how it plays out the next day or so. but as of right now, don't try and pop it!