Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

shampooing + acne

Guest Timehealsall

Guys is it safe to shampoo your hair everyday? Is it reccomended?

I shampoo my hair with baby johnsons shampoo 3-4x a week and i never use a conditioner. I do have acne on my forehead and temples but i am not sure if not shampooing enough is the reason.

Should i be using head and shoulders shampoo (i heard many people get clear of acne on their forehead and whatnot from using this)

Sorry for posting it on this board, did not know where else to post such an obscure question

took this one to the mild to moderate acne section. seems like a decent enough place for this.

anyway, i've never had a correlation with the two, but my forehead has never been something that was a problem for me. if you feel it's an issue, maybe switch shampoos, see if that makes a difference.

I've absolutely broken out from shampoos and hair products. My telltale signs are acne on the hairline, scalp, neck, back and behind my ears! Here's what I did: switched to (expensive) Kairo Care Acne Shampoo & conditioner until these areas clear up, then "test" new products for reaction. After lots of trial and error I found a Matrix line that works for me.

I also use Dove white bar for my body and this combo keeps everything clear.

I would recommend you try out Hand S Classic Clean or Nizoral if your acne is on your forehead and temples. Use it as directed, on your hair AND your forehead and temples, letting it sit for 3- minutes before rinsing it off. You can also use it just on your face on days you're not washing your hair. You should know within a week or two if it helps you or not.

Guest Timehealsall
took this one to the mild to moderate acne section. seems like a decent enough place for this.

anyway, i've never had a correlation with the two, but my forehead has never been something that was a problem for me. if you feel it's an issue, maybe switch shampoos, see if that makes a difference.

do you thoroughly wash off the shampoo on your back? I mean how can shampoo be causing pimples on your back unless your putting it there? If it drips from your head, shouldn't it be a minuscule amount?