Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyza

What do you think breaks YOU out?

bad digestion.

Ive started using grape bitters which naturally produces digestive enzymes and stomach acid to properly digest food. not a huge fan of using enzymes and betaine HCL because then your body can start to stop producing its own.

excess high GI carbs

i dont think i have a gluten intolerance but i certainly cant indulge in too many carbs or i will suffer the consequences.

milk/dairy

as with most people here, cant do it.

vegetable oils

be it peanut oil or vegetable oil this is by far the worst for me it seems. instant acne and bad.

sleep

i think the time i sleep has some effect on me, think my skin looks better when im able to get to sleep at a reasonable time (before 12 AM) but regardless i think more importantly is the total amount of sleep that i get. i shoot for 8 hours at least but hardly get it.

Edited by DeAntonio

- Picking

- Constantly worrying/thinking about the acne

- Skincare products

- Makeup

I pretty much do not consider food to be a source of my acne. If it were, then I would have started breaking out much sooner than I did. Went 3-4 years without acne after hitting puberty, and my diet wasn't good. I only started breaking out (or breaking out on a regular basis, as I do not recall having any issues with acne or oily skin before that point) when I started wearing makeup and then washing it off with cleansers.

I think that food is more likely to break someone out if they 1) are allergic to it, 2) think "hey, this is going to break me out".

The only foods I don't eat are eggs (mild allergy which causes bloating) and gluten (possible intolerance which causes bloating). Neither of these were removed for my acne. I tried not eating dairy, which did nothing.

If picking, worrying, skincare products and makeup are the cause of your acne, then your solution is simple. STOP. I, however, sincerely doubt these are the only factors in your condition. What a lot of people consider healthy is not really healthy at all.

I am not allergic to grain, dairy, or refined sugar nor do I constantly worry whether such foods will break me out if I eat them - yet I still find that within 1-2 days after consuming such foods, I will at least get a couple of spots.

Also, how long do you wait to see results? It can take some people at least 3 months before seeing any significant changes.

Red meat, beef, pork

Refined sugars

High Fructose Corn Syrup

Vegetable oils (not canola or olive)

White Bread, White grains

Excessive Dairy

Artificial colors, flavors or ingredients

Trans-Fats

Caffiene

Red meat, beef, pork

Dayumm are you sure about that? I find it hard to believe.

If your sure then tht sucks ASS! :( I couldnt live without red meats.

Throughout the years I've tried many types of diets, exercises, and holistic approaches to clear my skin. Improvements have been made, but by-and-large the BIGGEST improvement came by switching my diet (and exercise) similar to that of the Paleo diet. By completely dumping corn, rice, soy, wheat, beans, and milk from my diet I noticed a marked improvement within a week...and still going strong. I eat more eggs and meat (MUST be an organic source!) too, which is something I avoided before because I thought it broke me out. nice....

If your sure then tht sucks ASS! I couldnt live without red meats.

Yupp. Everytime, I get at least 3 new zitz within hours.

If your sure then tht sucks ASS! I couldnt live without red meats.

Yupp. Everytime, I get at least 3 new zitz within hours.

grass fed?

Here's my top list of enemy :doh: :

-Fried food

-Fatty food

-Dairy

-Sugar or artificial sugar or sweetener

-Binge drinking after eating

-Lack of sleep

-Lack to exercise

-Too much sun exposure at 11 am to 3 pm

-Stress in long period

-Thinking about acne all the time