Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm a long time lurker who is still desperately searching (like the rest of you) for a cure for acne. But, enough about me. I stumbled upon this research that I would like to share with you all and I'm not sure if it might be posted anywhere on here yet. Anyway, here is what I've found.

Antibodies Elicited by Inactivated Propionibacterium acnes-Based Vaccines Exert Protective Immunity and Attenuate the IL-8 Production in Human Sebocytes: Relevance to Therapy for Acne Vulgaris

Propionibacterium acnes is a key pathogen involved in the progression of inflammation in acne vulgaris. We examined whether vaccination against P. acnes suppressed P. acnes-induced skin inflammation. Inactivation of P. acnes with heat was employed to create a P. acnes-based vaccine. Intranasal immunization in mice with this inactivated vaccine provoked specific antibodies against P. acnes. Most notably, immunization with inactivated vaccines generated in vivo protective immunity against P. acnes challenge and facilitated the resolution of ear inflammation in mice. In addition, antibodies elicited by inactivated vaccines effectively neutralized the cytotoxicity of P. acnes and attenuated the production of proinflammatory cytokine IL-8 in human sebocyte SZ95 cells. Intranasal immunization using heat-inactivated P. acnes-based vaccines provided a simple modality to develop acne vaccines. These observations highlight the concept that development of vaccines targeting microbial products may represent an alternative strategy to conventional antibiotic therapy.

its great that they are looking into it more, on this level of detail.

but i understood nothing of what any of it means lol

its great that they are looking into it more, on this level of detail.

but i understood nothing of what any of it means lol

They are targetting the way that P. Acnes actually cause acne on your skin. There are reasons to believe that P. Acnes serve a good purpose (to my understanding, they don't know exactly why, yet) but they are targetting the toxins that are released to create the immune system response to isolate these toxins (puss and ooze contained within a pimple) in some manner. I agree I don't completely understand all of it, but I think I have deciphered alot of what is happening.

P acne levels are the same in non acne patients. Its the thing our body interacts with it. Still you could get rid of the P acnes but i dont know if that would be bad for your skin.

I gave up on reading it, I didn't understand much of it anyway xD. But it's really great they are looking into this! I personally HATE vaccines, but if it's against acne, I wouldn't mind it (that much..). And I really hope they can make something that works..

Guest Timehealsall
i know why cant they find a vaccine for P.Acnes? no p.acnes no acne...

simple, you find a vaccine for p.acnes, the bajillion dollars spent on acne products goes down the drain

simple, you find a vaccine for p.acnes, the bajillion dollars spent on acne products goes down the drain

Or they are already trying that but it doesnt work, or it doesnt reduce acne.

Plz stop the conspiracy theories, and btw it doesnt apply to this one. Because if they find it and it works they can patent it and make loads of money.

Edited by joris

Someone needs to invent a medicine that deals with Acne DIRECTLY (not like Accutane which dries out EVERYTHING). Ugh I'm so sick of struggling with this THING.

Or they are already trying that but it doesnt work, or it doesnt reduce acne.

Plz stop the conspiracy theories, and btw it doesnt apply to this one. Because if they find it and it works they can patent it and make loads of money.

I have my hands crossed for a vaccine. But if a vaccine is not possible maybe there are other treatments that scientists can investigate. For example what about nanotechonology. Future nano-technology engineers maybe be able to build very very tiny robots that can enter your skin's pores and clear out any blockages before the inflammation begins and then we can just treat our skin with millions of these robots. Acne solved!

This is my sci fi futuristic solution to acne.

Edited by jjn

Guest davidtheskinking

Honestly, this is ridiculous.

If you do the research that you will find that vaccines don't help with the flu so how will it help with acne? Thanks to Dr. Tenpenny and her research we all know that.

The vaccine would only cause more toxicity and problems in the body,

Better than a vaccine would be to eat things that kill the bad bacteria like garlic, oregano, sauerkraut and kim-chi.

These will do a better job than any vaccine in my opinion, that's what I have seen them do at least.