Notifications
Clear all

please help me

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 09/30/2010 11:46 pm

I have had a pimple on the top of my nose for over a month. It started as my whole nose being swollen, with like a piimple on top of the swollen part. The swelling went down, but the pimple did not. I went to the doctors, and she gave me differin. I used that for two weeks and nothing. No changes to the pimple. I went to the derm and she said it was infected and gave my clindamycin phosphate. She said it was not a hypertropic scar, and to use the stuff for 2-3 weeks, and it will dry up and go away. What in the world zits dont last this long.

MemberMember
(@bio_nerd)

Posted : 10/01/2010 12:46 am

I have had a pimple on the top of my nose for over a month. It started as my whole nose being swollen, with like a piimple on top of the swollen part. The swelling went down, but the pimple did not. I went to the doctors, and she gave me differin. I used that for two weeks and nothing. No changes to the pimple. I went to the derm and she said it was infected and gave my clindamycin phosphate. She said it was not a hypertropic scar, and to use the stuff for 2-3 weeks, and it will dry up and go away. I have been crying hysterically for over a month about this perpetual zit, that will not go flat. I look like a witch with a wart on nose. I feel so upset about this I feel like I am deformed and it will never go away. What the hell do I do??? please someone help

Are you over the clindamycin course yet?

Sounds like a blind nodule or something. Don't mess with these things stop with the topicals after the clindamycin.

There's really not much you can do for this except wait.

Above all do not pick at it.

Doing nothing is the hardest thing, i know. Your skin usually can get itself out of most situations without help otherwise we humans wouldn't live very long.

She just said it was infected? that's it? I would have tried to get more information out of her.

Don't worry it will go away.

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 10/02/2010 9:56 pm

Hi thanks for the reply. I am still on the clindamycin, its been a week, still nothing. No shrinkage, no scabbing nothing. It soft and it oozes a tiny bit each day. This is the most hellish pimple ever. I have become obsessed with the dam thing. I am terrified it is a hypertropic scar. The doctor said it is not, and just wait for it to dry up. This is driving me insane. I somehow think the doctor doesn't know what she is talking about and is just stringing me along, cause she knows there is nothing she can do for me. I am crying about the dam thing as we speak. What is a blind nodule?

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 10/02/2010 10:41 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 10/04/2010 4:24 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 10/04/2010 4:51 pm

PLEASE ANYONE WITH ANYTHING SIMILIAR ?

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 10/05/2010 8:16 am

bump

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 10/05/2010 2:42 pm

anyone please, this is driving me crazy someone has got to have some input on this

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 10/05/2010 5:13 pm

not sure if it got worse

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 10/05/2010 5:14 pm

it seems worse

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 10/05/2010 5:28 pm

I thought this group was for support and guidance. Thanks for all your replies. Its really helping me through this horrific time

MemberMember
(@soccersweetie1101)

Posted : 10/05/2010 5:38 pm

Are you being sarcastic?

MemberMember
(@californiaestie)

Posted : 10/05/2010 5:39 pm

Are you being sarcastic?

I believe soooo

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 10/05/2010 5:44 pm

The picture you posted does not really show anything. It's a very small bump in the midst of totally clear skin; looks almost like a skin colored mole. Go to a derm for definitive diagnosis. You may need a cortisone injection. Or not. If it IS a mole, you definitely need to see a derm.

MemberMember
(@callie012)

Posted : 10/05/2010 7:39 pm

I've had things like the before. Have you tried to pop it? And it you did, what was it filled with?

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 10/05/2010 7:57 pm

Hi thanks for the reply. I am still on the clindamycin, its been a week, still nothing. No shrinkage, no scabbing nothing. It soft and it oozes a tiny bit each day. This is the most hellish pimple ever. I have become obsessed with the dam thing. I am terrified it is a hypertropic scar. The doctor said it is not, and just wait for it to dry up. This is driving me insane. I somehow think the doctor doesn't know what she is talking about and is just stringing me along, cause she knows there is nothing she can do for me. I am crying about the dam thing as we speak. What is a blind nodule?

I have merged about three identical topics together. I would go by what your derm says, bolded above.

MemberMember
(@bio_nerd)

Posted : 10/05/2010 8:42 pm

On second thought that looks like a wart to me.

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 10/05/2010 9:23 pm

Thank you all for your replies. And yes I was being sarcastic. The pimple, popped more then 4 times, This thing just wont go the fuck away, its ridiculous. Never had a zit last this long. I have been suffering from acne since I was 20. I have scars all over my face, but never anything like this. My face is no where near being clear. My face is a horrid mess. Acne is a destroyer of everything. If I never had it, I would be a much nicer human being.

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 10/06/2010 6:25 pm

progress report on zit

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 10/06/2010 6:51 pm

not sure if this thing will ever go away, this is making me want to jump off a bridge

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 10/06/2010 6:53 pm

ps warts dont ooze brainiac

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 10/10/2010 8:09 pm

How can you tell the difference between a zit and a hypertropic scar?? I seriously need help, I am not sure if its still healing and its a zit or its a scar, been there almost two months.

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 10/11/2010 8:36 pm

well here is the 8 week and zit is still here. {{{crying}}}

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 10/11/2010 10:48 pm

can someone please tell me how to tell between a healing zit and a hypertropic scar??? seriously I have been asking this question and noone will respond. I need help and I am getting no help on this forum, this is ridiculous. What the fuck do I have to do to get some guidance??? When did your zit turn from being a zit to being a scar, can someone please answer me

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 10/14/2010 8:24 pm

well its official my zit is a hypertropic scar, i am fucked.god help me