Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
listern

DKR Not working/Strength Training

I've been on the DKR for a month now, It's only gotten WAYY worse.

So far heres my case:

My skin 3 months(July 1st) ago was completely clear compared to right now.

I started strength training 3 months ago(July 1st). Around the same time I started the following things:

-Started intensely working out (hired a personal trainer)

-I was washing my face with extremely hot water after working out,

-Completely changed my diet to a weight gain diet (High calorie, high protein, 6 meals a day),

-Including fish oil, and "mutant mass" protein powder, (a very healthy and organic protein powder, which I feel is probably not the cause)

-Gained about 10 pounds in muscle, so far. And am no longer the scrawny kid I've always been, or at least working away from it.

-My workouts are 3 days a week, high intensity, maximizing gains.

About a month into my training(august 1st), the skin on my cheeks were getting irritated red and itchy.

By the second month(Sept 1st), the skin on my face was getting increasingly worse. So I started the DKR.

And over the past month, I've broke out worse then i've ever broke out in my life, and now I look like i've had acne for almost a year straight, when surprisingly enough my skin was moderately clear 3 months ago. The more I use this DKR the worse my skin seems to be looking. It looks like this breakout will probably leave my face scarred for life, i've gone from having light acne for my whole teenage life, to having heavily moderate acne which seems to not be going anywhere.

Obviously the DKR is trying its hardest, but it just can't keep up with whatever's causing my acne. I have at least 20 whiteheads at a time, and as soon as one disappears (leaving an awful red mark in its wake) a new white head sprouts. Although when I wakeup in the morning, the acne seems a bit better then when I went to sleep. So I feel the DKR is working at clearing existing whiteheads, but it IS NOT preventing new ones from coming. Shouldn't it be?

It's extremely itchy, and painful. But I do everything the DKR says. No touching, lots of drinking water, I stopped washing my face with extremely hot water, I follow the DKR to a tee. And no luck..

Does anyone know what might be the cause of my acne?

-I read this whole website and came to the conclusion the extremely hot water was the cause, and that over a month it would finish the "Purging phase" Still no luck.

-I thought exercise and breaking a good sweat was good for your skin, as long as you don't leave the sweat on your face for too long?

-I also read that diet has no weight in acne problems?

-And if it's a hormone issue due to the working out making me have raging hormones, then how am I only breaking out in my face? the rest of my body have ZERO acne. And I used to have a MAJOR "backne" issue (when I was going through acne years ago)

-Is it at all that the products i'm using are the source of the acne? Seriously I have no idea whats causing this acne and its getting to the point of no return where if i don't find out the cause and stop it, i'll be scarred for the rest of my life. Can someone help me here?

In a nutshell, the only thing thats changed from when I had clear skin 3 months ago is:

-Diet

-Exercise

I've never felt more alive and I am proud that I'm almost twice as strong as I was 3 months ago, I'm gaining great amounts of weight in lean muscle, and from the neck down, I look near perfect.

Do I really have to decide between being scrawny for the rest of my life, vs. having acne for the rest of my life? My future career needs me to be in great shape.. So do I have to live with acne for the rest of my life? HELP!

(to make things easier to understand I put the 1st of each month, technically I started the regimen 3 weeks before september)

Edited by listern

it is your diet. I had the same problem. I was bulking up/ getting stronger for wrestling season eating up to 5000 calories a day NO JUNK FOOD and broke out like none other. I gained near 10 pounds of muscle and lifted much more than i ever did. The high calorie diet is the problem and there is nothing you can do about it. I am now eating 2000-3000 calories (which is meager for me) no meat. I am clear on that diet+DK regimen. But doing the DK regimen on the 5000 cal diet was useless for me. I don't think excercies has anything to do with it because I am working out at the same rate. I am weaker now though and my progression is very slow.

So it boils down to this Do you want to get stronger/bigger or have less acne? you may only have one of the two. At least that's how it is for me.

Does anyone else do strength training while on BP?

Strength training meaning High intensity workouts 3 times a week, to bulk up.

High calorie, high protein diet.

Could anyone see this as a cause for major acne?

Because I started strength training and I'm breaking out like im 15 again.. I'm wondering if it might be a different cause?

If I did cardio on the days in between would it keep my stress hormones consistant and therefore I would stop breaking out? Or do i have to quit strength training all-together? and be scrawny the rest of my life so I don't break out?

Been on DKR for 1 month and its getting WAYY worse, no improvements whatsoever, and I'm following EVERY intstruction!

at the moment im playing highschool football and our workouts are focused around strength training and really intense, we hit the weights 4-5 times a week then run run and run somemore

ever since the season started my acne has been pretty bad aswell and im eating around 5000-6000 calories a day just to maintain a decent weight because of all the cardio. i think its the diet too because during summer my acne wasnt so bad, hopefully after the seasons over itll calm down a little bit.

Hey!

After suffering from moderate to severe acne for four years, I have realised that strength training makes me break out, and it has nothing to do with mye diet whatsoever, because the diet never changes. If I don't work out for a couple of weeks, my skin becomes clear, but as soon I start lifting weights, it breaks out badly. This really makes me sad. Is there anything I can to to beat this?

Weight lifting increases testosterone levels more than any other sport. When you stop lifting weights, your testosterone levels return back to normal. Could this be an element of the problem too?

Is this more common in people with hormonal acne?

Weight lifting increases testosterone levels more than any other sport. When you stop lifting weights, your testosterone levels return back to normal. Could this be an element of the problem too?

Is this more common in people with hormonal acne?

I'm assuming this is the main problem, and I'm not sure if you can do anything about that. You might want to ask the forum at bodybuilding.com this question as well, OP. People there might have experienced the same problem. Good luck.