Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaerid

I've been having a lot of success with drinking beer

I've been drinking 24-36 ounces (2-3 cans) of Pabst Blue Ribbon (Miller High Life as of late) every day since the beginning of this month, and I've noticed that my skin has been doing better. I believe that it's suppressed my testosterone levels, kept me more relaxed, and helped me sleep better at night. The only thing I've had to watch out for is dehydration, which I've simply countered by drinking more water (1 glass of water per beer) on top of the amount that I already drink.

Edited by Mirrfiak

Right.

At least drink a tasty beer (wait, that's sort of an oxymoron).

Heineken/Becks is where its at.

I try to keep it to a minimum though when I do drink. Usually drink a beer casually and just take shots and use it a chaser.

Edited by DeAntonio

I've been drinking 24-36 ounces (2-3 cans) of Pabst Blue Ribbon every day since the beginning of this month, and I've noticed that my skin has been doing better. I believe that it's suppressed my testosterone levels, kept me more relaxed, and helped me sleep better at night. The only thing I've had to watch out for is dehydration, which I've simply countered by drinking more water (1 glass of water per beer) on top of the amount that I already drink.

this is by far the best post i've ever read on this forum

you sir, are a true gent

i dont agree with the beer you're drinking though, its a bit 'crappy'. buy a few creates of Samuel smiths ale or any other true ales which you can get hold of

http://www.merchantduvin.com/pages/5_brewe...th_organic.html

http://www.duchyoriginals.com/

i'm going to have a go at your Regimen, starting today. friday night

Good for you :D I wish beer would make my skin better. I have only bad experiences with it during the last 1.5 years though.

No word of a lie, I would literally drink my own piss before drinking a beer. The taste for me is just so BAD!

A good cider on the other hand :)

Yeah, still goin' good. It's a toss-up between High Life & Pabst. I can't afford to dump $60/month on more expensive beer... just ain't going to happen.

Trading a few marks on face (acne) for beer belly from viscera fat that is just about impossible to get rid of, wrecked liver, low testosterone and protein synthesis levels, decreased muscle size, and brain damage.

Excellent thread. :confused:

Cool story, Necrophiliac. I'm apparently going to get brain damage and a dead liver from 2 beers a day.

Edited by Mirrfiak

I assume you'd have the same success with any alcohol or drug that causes the same relaxed sensation. Being more relaxed = not thinking about your acne all that much, which can mean that your acne is able to lighten up due to your not stressing yourself out over it.

That or you have hindered your eye sight with the constant beer consumption. Continue drinking daily and your brain cells will die off - they are unable to be repaired in this instance, and neurons cannot be replaced.

Oh no my braincells, I feel them dieing right now!!! COMON you wont get more stupid or anything. Who cares if he decreases in 1 IQ (thats probably anything it can do) if your having fun.

You know when they call it liver damage caused by alcohol? If you drink like more as 50units of alcohol a week. Hes not drinking in spikes but 2 a day. Thats not so bad on the liver. If he just eats a little less fructose or something like that he evens it out already.

Muscle size is true, and i dont know what those protein levels mean.

But still my view on all this: You should improve your health, diet excersize etc are all very important. But you shouldnt go to extreme, you need to have a little bit of fun in life. I can live with cutting out high GI foods dairy and gluten. But that doesnt withhold me to drink a few beers now and then (or preferably something stronger). It doesnt withhold me either from eating a pizza with friends. Im not the kind of guy who goes to a restaurant and makes a problem about the little amount of soy in the coocking oil. I just look at whats the healthiest and tastes good, take that and enjoy my night. Like that im still 100x healther then the average.

Living to your 100th has no use if you are living a completly boring life. I always look at fun/cost factor. With alcohol its just not worth it. With cutting out soda it is. Etc...

I try to keep it to a minimum though when I do drink. Usually drink a beer casually and just take shots and use it a chaser.

Edited by joris

I assume you'd have the same success with any alcohol or drug that causes the same relaxed sensation. Being more relaxed = not thinking about your acne all that much, which can mean that your acne is able to lighten up due to your not stressing yourself out over it.

That or you have hindered your eye sight with the constant beer consumption. Continue drinking daily and your brain cells will die off - they are unable to be repaired in this instance, and neurons cannot be replaced.

Exactly. I see morons at work with fat beer bellies and I can't understand half of what they say. I don' think they can either. Their brains are probably 50% rotten.

Oh no my braincells, I feel them dieing right now!!! COMON you wont get more stupid or anything. Who cares if he decreases in 1 IQ (thats probably anything it can do) if your having fun.

You know when they call it liver damage caused by alcohol? If you drink like more as 50units of alcohol a week. Hes not drinking in spikes but 2 a day. Thats not so bad on the liver. If he just eats a little less fructose or something like that he evens it out already.

But still my view on all this: You should improve your health, diet excersize etc are all very important. But you shouldnt go to extreme, you need to have a little bit of fun in life. I can live with cutting out high GI foods dairy and gluten. But that doesnt withhold me to drink a few beers now and then (or preferably something stronger). It doesnt withhold me either from eating a pizza with friends. Im not the kind of guy who goes to a restaurant and makes a problem about the little amount of soy in the coocking oil. I just look at whats the healthiest and tastes good, take that and enjoy my night. Like that im still 100x healther then the average.

Living to your 100th has no use if you are living a completly boring life. I always look at fun/cost factor. With alcohol its just not worth it. With cutting out soda it is. Etc...

Heiniken is digusting. Take something with more quality.

I assume you'd have the same success with any alcohol or drug that causes the same relaxed sensation

Estacy wont calm you down xD

That means, it is pointless to go to the gym if you constantly have alcohol in your system. Your body cannot reach anabolic state if you have any alcohol inside you. The body's command is to first remove alcohol and then build muscle. There is also a delay period. So even if you drank every other day, you are still screwed. Find a beer belly beer drinker with muscle and I'll tell you I'm President Obama ahaha!

Heiniken is digusting. Take something with more quality.

I assume you'd have the same success with any alcohol or drug that causes the same relaxed sensation

Estacy wont calm you down xD

Actually, if the drinking persists for quite some time, specific areas of the brain will die off. This can lead to slurred speech and even being unable to form comprehensible sentences as well as understanding what others are telling you, and it can lead to holes in ones memory - which can then lead to filling said holes with fabricated stories to ensure that the memory flow is smooth. And both of these issues are UNREPAIRABLE. You can slow down the degeneration, but you cannot fix it. And if someone were to get drunk nightly, they can definitely expect these issues to arise if they go ahead and keep it up for a number of years.

And yes, ecstasy can calm a person down, which I know from personal experience. As can smoking pot, taking tranquilizers (no experience there), or any other mood-altering drug, as long as it's not one that can generally cause paranoia. But even then, those drugs will cause you to focus on other things besides acne.

Nothing wrong with drinking every now and then, but I'd much rather not consume alcohol every day just to calm down. What, a good book or movie can't do this in the place of a beer? Or hell, a walk? Those sure don't kill off your brain cells.

Exactly. I see morons at work with fat beer bellies and I can't understand half of what they say. I don' think they can either. Their brains are probably 50% rotten.

My uncle drinks beer all the time, and he's pretty much a minor alcoholic. And while I can understand the words he says, he will often repeat things, his speech is partially slurred, and even when he hasn't been drinking he tends to have a "drunk" stance and appearance.

I think I'd rather hit the gym or read a book to calm down and relax than drink alcohol daily in order to help calm me down in hopes of not thinking all that much about my acne. I'm assuming that if the OP actually just went out with friends without the beer every night, he wouldn't be thinking all that much about his acne, and he wouldn't be killing off his brain cells.

I agree with the OP. Drinking every single goddamn day is the absolute best way to clear skin. Later on, when you've grown out of acne, you just need to check into rehab, get a liver transplant and start attending regular AA meetings. Before you know it you'll be getting regular compliments on your beautiful skin from your ex-wife/husband, estranged children, fellow bums etc.. This is the ONLY way to go LOL

I just drank a 40 of High Life today because it's the weekend.

P.S. I'm not drinking to clear my skin, I'm drinking because I like to drink. The clear skin is merely something I've noticed. I think if I were "abusing" alcohol, I'd be drinking something in the 12-pack (144 ounces) a day range... or getting drunk on a daily basis-- I haven't been drunk in over a year.

Drinking something like this (low ABV beer) is incredibly minor, considering I barely even get a buzz from it.

post-136122-1286036529_thumb.jpg

post-136122-1286036529_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mirrfiak

I only drink in weekends. Around 10beers. Thats pretty normal in the netherlands if your above 16. I know guys who drink 40 a week. I understand its not good for the muscles. But the brain hmm, never heard of such things like slugged speak and not understanding whats being said. Maybe thats why my dad kinda talks aorund everything...

someday exactly!!

ps. wait is estacy the same as XTC? I know one thing about that drug: it makes you hyper as sh* and not really calm

I had a few beers last night. My face looked completely terrible a few hours later. I look like crap. I had been healing for weeks.

I had a few beers last night. My face looked completely terrible a few hours later. I look like crap. I had been healing for weeks.

That could be based on a few things:

1) Did you touch your face while drinking? Especially if you got drunk, and wasn't really aware?

2) Are you a bit sensitive to gluten? If you are, beer can cause an intolerance because of the barley.

I only drink in weekends. Around 10beers. Thats pretty normal in the netherlands if your above 16. I know guys who drink 40 a week. I understand its not good for the muscles. But the brain hmm, never heard of such things like slugged speak and not understanding whats being said. Maybe thats why my dad kinda talks aorund everything...

someday exactly!!

ps. wait is estacy the same as XTC? I know one thing about that drug: it makes you hyper as sh* and not really calm

Drinking beer on a regular basis will kill off the neurons in your brain. We basically have a barrier of fat in our brains to help protect our neurons. However, the (I believe) ethanol in alcohol can easily pass through this barrier, which is why drinking alcohol kills off your brain cells. The cells are damaged to such an extent that the glial cells are unable to repair them, and neurons do not regenerate once they are destroyed. Eventually, if enough neurons die off, certain areas of the brain will die off. With alcoholics, especially if they've been drinking for years, a permanently slurred speech and being unable to form comprehensive speech are very likely to occur. Like, they will almost seem to just spurt out whatever random crap comes to mind, some of which will not even related to itself.

Some of this might not be explained completely, I just learned about this if psych class. But it's a serious issue. And there are much better ways to relax than drinking. In fact, alcohol actually excites your system. Reading a good book, going for a walk, even playing a game of solitaire can help.

And ecstasy is also called MDMA. I have never heard of the abbreviation of XTC for it. The times I took MDMA (years ago), I was extremely relaxed. The closest to hyper I got was horny.

I agree with the OP. Drinking every single goddamn day is the absolute best way to clear skin. Later on, when you've grown out of acne, you just need to check into rehab, get a liver transplant and start attending regular AA meetings. Before you know it you'll be getting regular compliments on your beautiful skin from your ex-wife/husband, estranged children, fellow bums etc.. This is the ONLY way to go LOL

LOL!

Everything in moderation people! First off, my bf drinks almost everyday and i can promise you he has no problem putting on muscle. Now, he doesnt drink to oblivion, just a little too relax but regardless, it doesnt keep him from putting on muscle.

I drink in much more moderation, weekends only really and barely then. I have drank myself to oblivion more times then i would like to admit, but i still am pretty intelligent; I am very modest but i do very well where i work due to my knowledge and ability to learn new things.

Going to one extreme and over-drinking is definitely going to make you stupid, if not due to it killing brain cells than due to you inability to connect with reality. Not drinking at all, or any vices if you prefer to smoke a litttle herb or do something else to relax, keeps you from letting loose and enjoying yourself with friends leading you to be more stressed out.

Relax and do what makes you feel good, not listen to bs opinions in a thread that preaches the extremes- You only live once. Everything in moderation!