Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mike vs Acne

*Mike's Accutane Journey!!*

ACNE IS BAD! :(

Okay here is some background information about me and acne. When I was a freshman in highschool I had a very nice smooth, clear face until the real life nightmare happened, about halfway through the year I started seeing some pimples appear on my face I didn't think anything of it; just kept washing my face like I always did. Then my face started breaking out badly all over my cheeks,forehead, and back. It was not cystic acne but it was for sure severe acne. This acne stayed with me and is still with me now my senior year in highschool. In that time period I have tried it all! All the over counter products, soaps, proactive, etc...O and I've had a dermatologist from 10th grade till now..At that point I was starting to feel depressed, I was roaming the internet and reading all about acne and I came across Accutane. I asked my dermatologist about Accutane and he agreed to put me on it. When my parents and the dermatologist said yes I was so happy! :) Yes I knew about the side effects, I think its completely worth it.

My journey has already started I'm about to finish month two!!

Month one and two were quite the experience, my acne has been on and off like it is really bad one day, then really good another day. I am not sure if I had an Initial Breakout yet because it's been on and off.

I am taking 3 pills a day-20mg ea.

I am new to this website as of today.

I will be posting pictures in the next hour or so of my face, I'm about to finish month 2!

O and I am on Day 61, Sorry for starting my log this late :(

Edited by Mike vs Acne

Day 61

Today I had school, which I hate going to because of my face! Plus being on Accutane dosen't really help. I was driving to school and I was half way there when I realized I had forgotten my chap stick!!!! So I went to a gas station and bought some.. EVERYONE WHO IS PLANNING ON TAKING ACCUTANE YOU MUCH CARRY CHAP STICK AT ALL TIMES! Anyways the school day went by slow like always. When my friends talk to me I have trouble staring them in the eyes because of my face! I think they kinda notice that, but I'm not sure. Everyday when I get home I am relieved that I am not around people.

Here is some pics of my face today

post-138675-1285901424_thumb.jpg

post-138675-1285901523_thumb.jpg

post-138675-1285901656_thumb.jpg

post-138675-1285901760_thumb.jpg

Keep in mind that this is THE END OF MONTH 2

Day 61

Today I had school, which I hate going to because of my face! Plus being on Accutane dosen't really help. I was driving to school and I was half way there when I realized I had forgotten my chap stick!!!! So I went to a gas station and bought some.. EVERYONE WHO IS PLANNING ON TAKING ACCUTANE YOU MUCH CARRY CHAP STICK AT ALL TIMES! Anyways the school day went by slow like always. When my friends talk to me I have trouble staring them in the eyes because of my face! I think they kinda notice that, but I'm not sure. Everyday when I get home I am relieved that I am not around people.

Hey! just wanted to wish you all the best with you course. i'm certain accutane will kick your acnes butt. :)

j x

Day 62

Today was another day of school, for some reason today I didn't really feel that self conscious I don't know why I even had to take senior pictures today lol. Anyways my skin is a little red, kinda itchy. My lips were preety chap today because I forgot to put Vaseline on last night. Vaseline on your lips right before to sleep is probably the best thing you can do for your lips. I feel my skin is making progress but very slow progress.

Edited by Mike vs Acne

Thank you very much! :)

Day 61

Hey! just wanted to wish you all the best with you course. i'm certain accutane will kick your acnes butt. :)

j x

Best of luck with the rest of ur course!

I cannot see a picture for ur profile!

good luck!!!!!!!

ur eyes are really cool btw.

and ya can't see the pic. upload it then press the refresh button

Edited by X3Kell3X

Day 63

Todayy was good, just chilled in the house all day, bummed it out loll. My skin seems to be doing better. O I have a question to everyone; When I wake up in the morning my skin looks like its not alivee, sortaa dead like not awake, basically no color. Later in the evening my skins glowss like no other it looks ALIVE and colorr/tone. I want that to happen in the morning, why is that??

I know what you mean. My skin looks really different in the morning to the night too. Very odd! Im only a day ahead of you, hope we will both be clear in no time!

Hey Mike I wanted to wish you good luck on your course.. you'll b halfway through before you know it! I'm only on day 6 so I have a long road ahead of me..

I think the reason why your skin looks better/glows at night is because the acne looks different with natural light as opposed to artificial light.. The artificial light has a slightly coloured hue as opposed to colourless natural light and thats why your acne looks worse during the day. This one has puzzled me for aaages and that's my theory haha! of course I might be completely wrong..

Take it easy,

Jason

Day 64

Today I bummed it out all day again... lol. I like to bum it out on weekends because I feel that I don't wanna see anyone and that my face is healing better lol. My friends think different of me now :( they keep asking why I am "hibernating". Do you guys think it is good to "hibernate" or should I just go chill with me friends? Anyways my skin seems to be great today, it looks like my acne is starting to DIE down! :)

ahaha "hibernate", my friends have been using the exact same word for me too. They also call my room my "cave" and say stuff like "its summertime, you can stop hibernating and come out of your cave now"

and good luck with accutane, im still on my first month, the time is going by so slowly

Aw, you are such a cutie :)

I know what you mean about wanting to hibernate, especially when your skin is acting up. I just started accutane (again) and I wish I could hide for a few months.

As for the chapstick...I really like Dr. Dan's Cortibalm. It works better than anything I have used before :)

u just need a balance i guess. u dont have to see ur friends every weekend. but dont hide in the house too long. sometimes its good to get out and see other people and socialize. i find that if im in the house too long i dwell on things. which is never good. plus i tried to get out alot this weekend considering ill be stuck at home for 6 days due to surgery next week :(

Day 65

Hello! Today I had my appointment for my dermatologist !!!! I was so pumped lol. I love to hear what he has to say about my face haha. So he was looking at my blood tests, and he asks have you missed any pills? I haven't missed one pill ever.. He then says your blood test are good..wayy too goood.. loll After that he looks at my face and says he expected to see less acne, more improvement. He says I still have active acne but things should be a lot better by the end of this month! :)

O another thing is my derm asked why is my face so oily, I said its not oily its lotion. the lotion was greasy. Then he says don't use lotion, I want your face to be dry.. Do you guys agree with him?

Edited by Mike vs Acne

Im gonna take your advice and try and balance it out and good luck with your surgery!

u just need a balance i guess. u dont have to see ur friends every weekend. but dont hide in the house too long. sometimes its good to get out and see other people and socialize. i find that if im in the house too long i dwell on things. which is never good. plus i tried to get out alot this weekend considering ill be stuck at home for 6 days due to surgery next week :(

Hahaha thank you!! I shall try this Dr. Dans chapstick!

Aw, you are such a cutie :)

I know what you mean about wanting to hibernate, especially when your skin is acting up. I just started accutane (again) and I wish I could hide for a few months.

As for the chapstick...I really like Dr. Dan's Cortibalm. It works better than anything I have used before :)

Time is going by very slow indeed! :( Good luck with your course also! :D

ahaha "hibernate", my friends have been using the exact same word for me too. They also call my room my "cave" and say stuff like "its summertime, you can stop hibernating and come out of your cave now"

and good luck with accutane, im still on my first month, the time is going by so slowly

Day 70!

Hey guys,

I took a five day break from this site. Anyways todayy my face is looking amazing!! The majority of my acne is getting OWNED by accutane! :D I have just a couple active pimples and the rest is just red marks, no bumps on the surface!! YAY! Looking to see some even better progress by the end of month 3