Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mboona

difference

why do some cysts come to a head are full of pus that can be eventually squeezed after a week or so

and others are about the same size, but never show a head at all, relatively flat, but bumpy and painful to the touch and stick around for months?

Guest beccaboo00

its just the way that they form some form deeper than others. eventually all the cysts can pop i usually wait maybe a week or so and they become softer then pop it but i dont recommend that unless you really want to and do not use your finger nails makes it much worse.

i just have these nodules on the side of my face that ive never had before- they are relatively flat but dark and appear darker when i wash my face but flatten down a lot throughout the day. im applying tretinoin and adapalene nightly (separately of course). normally the cysts that ive had would form a head in about a week or so.

why would they form deeper? was there potentially more damage to the skin cell? more oil?

Guest beccaboo00

they form deeper because they are more infected.

try baking soda and a little bit of sea salt with water to help clear them. it burns a little but it dries it out. or you can put toothpaste on it and baking soda on top it sticks good and helps with inflammation.

idk what works for you but i only use natural things besides the toothpaste.

the problem is there is no inflamation! it just looks like a post hyper pigmentation mark thats slightly raised but its hard to the touch