Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manonfire

Has any one had terrible acne that the regimen has cleared up ?.

yes, i had terrible acne. i had cysts on almost every part of my face. BUT it didn't clear me up completely. i'd still break out every once and a while. that was definitely fine with me, tho. the results and relief i got from the regimen were well worth those few breakouts.

Guest Timehealsall

inyaden did you scar from your cysts?

Mine was pretty bad. Not covered, but really severe individual huge cysts, and it worked.

Hope you are doing okay manonfire.

I had terrible acne (cysts and pustules all over my face, chest and back), and the regimen has cleared it up about 85%. My skin isn't perfect now--I still get clogged pores and the occasional pimple, I have a fair amount of scarring, and I have blotchy, uneven skin tone--but I haven't had any big inflamed pimples for about a month, knock on wood. I've been using the regimen for 5 or 6 months. I would say stick with it, use the AHA+, take vitamins & supplements and drink as much water as you possibly can. :)

inyaden did you scar from your cysts?

yes i scarred. mainly on my inner cheeks. i'd classify them as moderate, but i used to be on a retinoid, and i think that helped to greatly reduce my scarring. i also have hyperpigmentation. i try to cover it with makeup.

There are a few things that need to be taken into consideration when you look for one of these acne products to reduce and repair the scarring. Consider how severe your scarring is, whereabouts on your face you have it and how long it has been left for. All these factors are going to have importance in how you make your decision, so be informed and shop smartly to make sure that you choose wisely and are going to get the best acne scar treatment products.

Guest Timehealsall
There are a few things that need to be taken into consideration when you look for one of these acne products to reduce and repair the scarring. Consider how severe your scarring is, whereabouts on your face you have it and how long it has been left for. All these factors are going to have importance in how you make your decision, so be informed and shop smartly to make sure that you choose wisely and are going to get the best acne scar treatment products.

Are scars that are years old (i.e. 4-5 years) pretty much hopeless cases?

My acne is really freaking bad. I've been on the regimen for 6 months and I'm still not clear. It sure has made a difference, but I think it's hopeless for me.

Srotriya - I don't think it is hopeless if you have had success to some degree. I think if you start off with a bad situation it just takes longer.

I would hang in there, use extra BP if possible so's not to give the little blighters any chance and use lots of jojoba if you are okay with it, because I think that really helps reduce/prevent long term indented scarring. I read someone saying that their derm told them skin can't heal properly without moisture and I think that's very true.

I keep topping up the jojoba several times a day. I was sure a cluster of 4 expired spots was going to scar - about 2 months ago - because I had a big 'dip' where 2 of them had been. It didn't look hopeful, but I kept slapping on the jojoba and honestly they just filled up and there's barely anything to see now.

My acne is really freaking bad. I've been on the regimen for 6 months and I'm still not clear. It sure has made a difference, but I think it's hopeless for me.

I second what Ellie713 said--seriously, srotriya, you should try to hang in there! If it's made a difference, I suspect it will continue to get better... Good luck!

Just wondering since most posts seem to be people with either mild or moderate acne..

hello! acne problem is a big problem for most people. it is our pleasure to help them find solution to this.

heya there,

I also had cystic acne (nodule, blackheads, whiteheads) and now it's 85% cleared up. A combination of ALOT of patience, DKR, jojaba oil, mostly healthy/fresh diet. My lifestyle's pretty stressful and 50% of the nights I don't sleep at a good hour. But I do always try to get 7 - 8 hrs of sleep everyday.

hope this helps! Cheers