Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MaWii

Maries newbie log

I just started the Regimen thing out, as well as trying out a silica supplement, a multi-vitamin and some oil pulling. Can't say I follow the Acne.org Regiment exactly, because I can't get the Acne.org-products here so I make do with what is readly available in Sweden.

I am really into natural and homemade skincare and I don't use schampoo, I wash with conditioner. Though for the sake of the regimen, I've gotten some products from the drugstore. A foaming cleanser for "young" skin, a moisurizing gel from the same product line (to mix my BP with, we only get the 5% kind in Sweden), and a very basic moisturizing lotion for combination skin that I mix with jojoba oil.

I avoid salicylic acid, mineral oils and silicones. I look for stuff with as little alcohol as possible, and that doesn't contain mattifying particles since I'm going to use makeup anyways.

For my own memory's sake I'll write down the products I'm using or recently bought.

My regimen for the last two days:

CCS Demons & Angels foaming cleanser

Stioxyl 5% benxoyl peroxide (mixed equal parts with:)

CCS Demons & Angels moisturizing face gel

MedStop Daycream for normal/combination skin (together with a couple drops of:)

Jojoba oil

Oil Cleansing Method using 2 parts castor oil + 1 part sunflower oil

Makeup, combinations of:

Concealer: MAC Select Cover-Up/Make Up Store cover red/Everyday Minerals

Foundation: MAX Studio Fix Fluid/Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte

Powder: Pure silica powder/Fyrinnae Oil Control/Everyday Minerals Luminizing Sunlight

My skin care for today:

AM

Cleanser (D&A)

BP + aloe vera gel

Moisturizer (medstop) + jojoba oil

EM concealer and semi-matte foundation

PM

OCM 2 parts castor + 1 part sunflower oil, approx. 15 min

Cleanser (D&A)

BP + face gel (D&A)

Moisturizer (medstop) + jojoba oil

Other

About four glasses of water with one tbsp ACV per glass

Four silica pills

One multi vitamin pill

Two Omega3 capsules

Thoughts

Mixing the Stioxyl (my 5% BP) with aloe vera gel made the moisturizer ball up and crumble a little. Thought using a gel made for the face would make it better, but first try - more crumbling.

Whoa, flakiness from two days of BP treatment just dissolved in my hands during OCM. Ew!:)

To be continued, see you tomorrow!

Today, so far:

AM

D&A Foaming cleanser

Stioxyl BP + bronze gel

medstop daycream + jojoba oil

1 silica supplement

1 multivitamin

1 omega3 capsule

Thoughts:

Oops. The bronze gel was a little too much :) Using it with BP requires quite a bit of it, so I ended up a little silly looking. Will probably not show through makeup, I hope.

PM

A couple minutes OCM with castor and sunflower oil

D&A Foaming cleanser

Stioxyl BP + D&A face gel

medstop daycream + jojoba oil

3 more silica pills

1 more omega3 capsule

3 glasses of water with ACV

My face is really tingling now. Had a glass of wine two hours ago, could that be a reason for higher sensitivity?

Edited by MaWii

Allright, today started with my husband waking me up and saying my skin looked started looking a lot better. Ain't that great?

We had friends over making pancakes and then we took a long walk with the dog, so my AM routine wasn't until midday. But here goes:

AM

D&A foaming cleanser

1 part BP 5% + 1 part D&A face gel + 1 part bronze gel

medstop Daycream for combo skin + jojoba oil

1 multivitamin pill

4 silica pills

1 Omega3 capsule

Thoughts:

I'm working really late today, won't be getting home until 4.30 AM. I will do the routine when I get home, but maybe without waiting between the steps.

My skin's getting really flaky as of today. Especially around the mouth, which is where I usually see signs of dryness. Thankfully, the BP isn't making me red (yet).

PM

A little OCM with castor + sunflower oil, washed off with

D&A foaming cleanser

BP 5% + D&A face gel

medstop Daycream + jojoba oil

Edited by MaWii

This morning the only activity on my face that I could see was red marks and old pimples. No new bumps or whiteheads. Such a relief to finally wake up to see a face without unpleasant surprises...

AM

Oil pulling with sunflower oil for 20 mins

Regimen:

D&A foaming cleanser

1 part BP 5% + 2 parts D&A face gel + 1/2 part bronze gel

Makeup:

Everyday Minerals concealer (multi-intensive and yellow color corrector) and blush

Supplements:

1 multivitamin pill

2 silica pills

PM

D&A foaming cleanser

1 part BP 5% + 1 part D&A face gel

medstop Daycream + 5-6 drops jojoba oil

1 Omega3 capsule

2 silica pills

Edited by MaWii

AM

Regimen:

D&A foaming cleanser

2 parts BP 5% + 2 parts D&A face gel + 1 part bronze gel

Makeup:

Everyday Minerals pressed foundation and blush

Supplements:

1 multivitamin pill

2 omega3 capsules

4 silica pills

Thoughts:

Really, I'm seeing results! Which makes me really happy, and possibly I can look forward to a day when my skin is clear.

PM

Step 1-3

2 more silica pills

Edited by MaWii

Oh god, I am so tired... Fell asleep at around 00.30 and alarm rang at 5 am, off to work.

AM

Regimen:

Step 1-3, but only a couple minutes between steps.

Makeup:

Everyday Minerals pressed base, Make Up Store blush, e.l.f. Treat and tame eyebrow gel

Other:

Two glasses of water with ACV

PM

Regimen:

Step 1-3, with a long time between BP and moisturizer.

Supplements during the day:

1 multivitamin pill

3 silica pills

2 omega3 capsules

Other:

2 glasses of red wine

Edited by MaWii

AM

Regimen:

Step 1-3

Makeup:

MAC Select Cover-Up concealer, Everyday Minerals semi-matte foundation and blush

Supplements:

1 multivitamin pill

2 silica pills

1 omega3 capsule

PM

Supplements:

2 more silica pills

1 more omega3 capsule

Regimen:

Steps 1-3

Other:

2 glasses of red wine

Edited by MaWii

AM

Oil pulling with sunflower oil for 20 mins

Regimen:

Steps 1-3

Supplements:

1 multivitamin pill

1 omega3 capsule

2 silica pills

Other:

1 glass of water with ACV

PM

Supplements:

one more omega3

2 more silica pills

Regimen:

Steps 1-3

Other:

2 more glasses of water with ACV

1 glass of red wine

Thoughts:

Two small spots at the corners of my mouth and just below are red, and not just after the BP. These areas are really flaky as well, despite generous amounts of jojoba oil. Hope it subsides as I stick with the regimen.

I'm puzzled by the fact that I can be really flaky at the exact same spot where I have blackheads. I want to cover it up with concealer, which sometimes tend to accentuate the flakes. Sigh...

Edited by MaWii

AM

Regimen:

Steps 1-3, but only a couple of minutes between each step.

Makeup:

MAC Select Cover-Up concealer, Everyday Minerals pressed base, Make Up Store blush

Supplements:

1 multivitamin

2 silica pills

1 omega3 capsule

Other:

2 glasses of water with ACV

Edited by MaWii

Ok, so I haven't updated regularly the past couple of days.. Here goes for 8-11th October:

Friday 8th Oct, I also did the PM-routine.

Sat 9 Oct, I only did the AM-routine. I went to a party, got home late, drunk, and fell asleep in my makeup. Brr :/

Sun 10 Oct, AM and PM.

Mon 11 Oct, only did the routine once in the middle of the day. Don't know why, but at least I didn't wear any makeup.

Took all my supplements, except only three silica pills saturday. Not much ACV, maybe a glass per day.

AM

Regimen:

Steps 1-3, but no moisturizer after BP, only oil (thistle + avocado).

Supplements:

3 silica pills

1 omega3 capsule

1 multivitamin

Other:

1 glass of ACV with water

2 glassed of tea (green and red)

Thought:

My face feels oilier when using thistle + avocado oil instead of jojoba. Those are supposed to be lighter, but I guess the sebum normalising properties in jojoba are a fact...

Just ordered Panoxyl Aquagel 2,5% benzoyl peroxide from Pharmacy2u.co.uk. Mixing my 5% BP with moisturizer only made it ball up on me, amd since there are no 2,5% BP products AT ALL on the Swedish market, I ordered six 40 gr tubes from the UK :) Including shipping, it was about 240 SEK, while six tubes of Stioxyl (the 5% kind I'm using now) would be 410 SEK. Since BP is like the main ingredient of this regimen I thought I'd simplify things for myself by getting the 2,5%, and getting a lot of it.. :)

And btw:

PM

Regimen:

Steps 1-3

Supplements:

Had a bit of a stomach ache, so I didn't take any more today.

14th Oct

AM

Mask:

Equal parts honey and yoghurt, let sit for 30-40 mins.

Regimen:

Steps 1-3

OK, so a few hours after I put my BP on my face got red and felt hot, so I rinsed with water, spritzed some thermal water, and moisturized with jojoba oil. Probably shouldn't have put on BP after the mask, made the skin more sensitive I guess.

PM

Regimen:

Steps 1-3

Supplements:

1 multivitamin

4 silica pills

2 omega3 capsules

Edited by MaWii

Somewhere here I read that using both AHA/BHA:s and BP would give good results as they have different benefits. Sometimes I'm too quick trying out new things, so this morning I cleansed, but then used a face gel with salicylic acid (don't know how much ATM) and, unfortunately, alcohol. I mixed it equal parts with an aloe vera gel.

AM

Face routine:

Foaming cleanser

ACO Acne gel + aloe vera gel

Supplements:

1 multivitamin

3 silica pills

1 omega3 capsule

My Panoxyl 2,5% Aquagels arrived today, super fast shipping! So now I have six tubes of 2,5% BP. It will be great to be able to cut down on one step from my regimen, before I've had to mix my 5% BP with a neutral gel (a moisturizer that I don't really like either...).

PM

Oil cleansing with castor and sunflower oil, and then

1. D&A foaming cleanser (as usual)

2. Panoxyl 2,5% BP

Supplements:

1 more silica pill

Other:

1 cup green tea

Thoughts:

Really like the Panoxyl! Smells less than Stioxyl, and has a firmer consistency which helps me work with it for a little longer instead of drying and balling up on me. It also feels a lot more hydrating than Stioxyl did, even though I mixed that one with a moisturizer. Got it in about two days from Pharmacy2U.co.uk

Makeup wise, I am using Everyday Minerals most of the time; right now I usually grab the semi-matte foundation in Winged Butter and the Sunlight color corrector. But I don't feel I've found the right color or formula for my skin. Intensive looks so oily after a while, Semi-matte isn't matte enough (duh) and the Matte somehow doesn't stick to my face. No colors are yellow enough, they all end up looking way too peachy on me.

Looking around here I find Meow Cosmetics seem to be a favourite among acne prone users, and as they have a better color range I'm confident I'll find a match for my skin tone so I'll be ordering a bunch of samples of their heaviest coverage foundation, in four more or less yellow colors, as well as a few matching full coverage concealers.

All in all, benxoyl peroxide and the regimen has done a lot for me since I started using it. I'm so happy with my face clearing up! At any given time I do have one or two pimples, and some bumps on my cheeks and in my eyebrows, but there really is a huge difference from a couple of weeks ago. And I'm sure it'll get even better with time.

Edited by MaWii

AM

Face:

D&A foaming cleanser

ACO Acnegel + Aloe vera gel

medstop Daycream + bronze gel

Supplements:

1 multivitamin

2 silica pills

1 omega2 capsule

Other:

1 glass of green tea

So I ordered a bunch of samples from Meow Cosmetics!

I got six foundation samples, Flawless Feline (matte heavy coverage)

Angora in Frisky (light) and Naughty (medium)

Manx in Frisky and Naugty

Korat in Frisky

Abyssinian in Frisky

Five concealers:

Frisky Abyssinian

Frisky and Naughty Angora

Frisky and Naughty Manx

As well as two corrective concealers, yellow and green. (I have Mint and Sunlight from Everyday Minerals but they aren't really doing it for me, Mint is too pale and has a strong sheen to it, and the Sunlight is also too pale and not that pigmented.)

PM

Got home at 5.30 AM after work, so I'm not sure how to call this my PM-routine... :)

Regimen:

Steps 1-3

Other:

1 glass of green tea

Edited by MaWii

17th Oct:

AM

Face:

1. D&A foaming cleanser

2. ACO Acnegel + Aloe vera gel

3. medstop Daycream + jojoba oil

Makeup:

Everyday Minerals semi matte foundation + sunlight color corrector

Supplements:

2 silica pills

1 multivitamin

1 omega3 capsule

Other:

1 glass of green tea

PM

Face:

Steps 1-3

Supplements:

1 more silica pill

Other:

1 glass of green tea

AM

Face:

1. D&A foaming cleanser

2. ACO Acnegel + Aloe vera gel

Makeup:

Everyday Minerals semi matte foundation + sunlight color corrector

Supplements:

1 vitamin C tablet

1 multivitamin

1 silica pill

1 omega3 capsule

Other:

2 glasses of green tea

2 glasses of red wine

PM

Face:

Steps 1-3

Supplements:

2 more silica pills

Edited by MaWii

19th Oct

AM

Face:

AM routine steps 1 and 2

Makeup:

Everyday Minerals semi-matte foundation and sunlight color corrector

Supplements:

1 omega3 capsule

2 silica pills

Other:

A loooong walk with the dog

2 glasses of green tea

PM

Face:

PM routine 1-3

Supplements:

1 more silica pill

1 more omega3 capsule

Edited by MaWii

AM

Face:

AM routine steps 1 and 2

Makeup:

Everyday Minerals semi-matte foundation and sunlight color corrector

Supplements:

1 silica pill

1 multivitamin

1 omega3 capsule

Other:

My Meow samples were shipped today! I'd say they'll be here in a week or ten days. Can't wait to try the different colors!

And yesterday, I won and iPod! :D Appareantly my slogan for condom use was a winner, and I'll have my iPod around new years eve.

I got my Meow Cosmetics samples today and so far I've tried the six foundation samples. The one that was the best match was Naughty Manx, which is a light/medium yellow with peach undertones. But I found that adding a little Naughty Angora on top gave that little extra yellow that helps to counteract the redness on some areas of my face. If I were to order full-sizes today I'd get them both.

When I tried the foundations on I had just put on BP but no moisturizer so my skin was really dry and therefore I can't give a verdict on the quality of them. But I'll get to that too!

Not posting regularly, but hey, nothing has changed in my routine. AM is cleanser, eye moisturizer, and lastly - salicylic acid with aloe vera gel. During the day I take two Omega3 capsules, three silica pills and one multivitamin pill. I use mineral makeup (Everyday Minerals or Meow Cosmetics starting today). PM routine is cleanser, eye moisturizer, Panoxyl 2,5% BP, topped off with amoisturizer and some jojoba oil.

The skin on my neck has been quite itchy since starting my regimen, so I usually moisturize a little extra there with the day cream I use in the evening.

Most days I spritz my face with the Avène Thermal Water spray at least once during AM or PM routine.

Since I use SA in the mornings I wanted to try Paula's Choice BHA gel and lotion, and saw they had cheap samples. BUT shipping for these tiny items was $49!

Will try to find something at some local store instead...