Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr President

Why are nose scars the easiest to get rid of?

Yeah the concensus is that they are the hardest to get rid of. No fat, just cartilage.

Edited by michael24

Yeah, it's pretty tough to manage to scar your nose in the first place, but if you do it's

usually near impossible to get rid of.

maybe its just me, but its definitely the other way around for me. my nose scars always respond extremely well to treatments (far beyond expectations), whilst the rest of my face responds in an average way.

i cant help but think if my entire face was cartledge, just like my nose - id be able to give myself completely perfect skin within a month.

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

That was definitely a funny post.

maybe its just me, but its definitely the other way around for me. my nose scars always respond extremely well to treatments (far beyond expectations), whilst the rest of my face responds in an average way.

i cant help but think if my entire face was cartledge, just like my nose - id be able to give myself completely perfect skin within a month.

Edited by Conde de Montecristo

cartwheeling_monkey what kind of scars did you have on your nose and what did you use to get rid of them.

hey, yeah id be glad to provide more info.

all of the scars on my nose were ice picks, with the exception of one narrow deep linear scar. all the scars were from picking blackheads. they were scars, as no light peels or salicylic acid would close them up and they have been here for months.

all i did was apply several layers of tca 50% to them...i probably applied 3-5 layers on them over a course of 2 days. i wasnt nervous about it, as ive done it before with great results. all i did was simply keep it covered with vaseline jelly for 3-4 days until it peeled revealing new skin. since then they have closed up even more.

i did another round yesterday to clear up a few more scars and to further close up the ones i already treated.

im just suprised it works so well. its like nose scars are insanely easy to close up (if you have a week or two to spare). if only the rest of the face would heal as well.

im happy the nose scars are gone, now just hoping the rest of it will follow over time. i still have high hopes with tca cross for the rest of my face.

cartwheeling_monkey, were they scarred pores or ice picks, my scarred pores are difficult to get rid of :(

although i said in my last post they were all ice picks, i guess i had both. its difficult to tell the difference between them. some just looked like large pores and others were deep and strange shapes e.g. ice picks. all of them basically went away. i did another peel yesterday and its still red, so will see if ive reached 100% improvement in a few days. previously they were at 80%.

i guess im a little suprised. although this website has been a massive help, so much of my improvement seems to have come by doing my own thing and ignoring what the majority of other people do here.

but to be honest, im just happy its worked for me and thats more than enough. again it only seems to work well for nose scars. so cartledge is not our enemy but our friend.

i recommend you give it a try.

hey, i tried to find a pic of the scars. all i could find was an old pic from last year when my acne was at its worst. ah but still pre cystic acne tho...

i didnt have the nose scars at that point, but when i did get them a few months later, they were similar to the ones on my cheeks.

my nose is pretty close to looking like this again now - minus the blackheads.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/5393/img6090.jpg

img6090.jpg

Guest Timehealsall

damn cartwheeling monkey, your scars arent that bad at all! (even the ones on your cheeks).

Regarding the nose, is it really the most difficult to scar? It seems every blackhead of mines leave a hole..

Also regarding your icepick scars, you said they were months old. My question is, would i have any hope to fix icepick scars on the side of my nose that have been there for years (4-5?)

According to Lamar, he said i can still do something about it. But i want your opinion sir!

Guest Timehealsall
hey, i tried to find a pic of the scars. all i could find was an old pic from last year when my acne was at its worst. ah but still pre cystic acne tho...

i didnt have the nose scars at that point, but when i did get them a few months later, they were similar to the ones on my cheeks.

my nose is pretty close to looking like this again now - minus the blackheads.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/5393/img6090.jpg

img6090.jpg

also regarding your acne in that photo, from my perspective, i just see a ton of PIH. Unfortunately for me, my face is right now 3x worse than how your face looks like in that picture. Life sucks :(

And are those really blackheads? They seem like sebacious filaments. How did you get rid of them?!

Edited by Timehealsall

the pic is about a year old and oh my scarring is worse now - dont worry about that. i have a more ice picks, boxcars and some rolling scars added in the mix, lol..oh the motivation to fix it has returned. grrrrrrr!

i ended up picking the blackheads, hence the rescarring of my nose. accutane eventually got rid of them which was lovely. since then, ive found 2.5% salicylic acid used regulary will also dislodge them over time. so thats probably your safest bet.

id say youd have every hope of fixing your nose scars. i had nose scarring for years before i originally did the strong peel on them and it got it looking like in the pic. mine werent too big, so they filled in on themselves rather quickly, but it should work on most scars - maybe just slower?

although lamarr is a smart guy - no i dont believe scars have a timeline for when they can be fixed. in my view scars can always be fixed, whatever your age and however long they have been there.

Guest Timehealsall
Yeah, it's pretty tough to manage to scar your nose in the first place, but if you do it's

usually near impossible to get rid of.

i have to disagree about this. A lot of people i know, including myself, scar from blackheads that you dont even pick at (i.e. when treating the blackheads with something like duac, once the Blackhead goes away, it leaves a hole).

So maybe it might be tough to get a scar on your nose from physical trauma (i.e. accidents) but from something like blackheads and even zits, i dont know about that..

Guest Timehealsall
the pic is about a year old and oh my scarring is worse now - dont worry about that. i have a more ice picks, boxcars and some rolling scars added in the mix, lol..oh the motivation to fix it has returned. grrrrrrr!

i ended up picking the blackheads, hence the rescarring of my nose. accutane eventually got rid of them which was lovely. since then, ive found 2.5% salicylic acid used regulary will also dislodge them over time. so thats probably your safest bet.

id say youd have every hope of fixing your nose scars. i had nose scarring for years before i originally did the strong peel on them and it got it looking like in the pic. mine werent too big, so they filled in on themselves rather quickly, but it should work on most scars - maybe just slower?

although lamarr is a smart guy - no i dont believe scars have a timeline for when they can be fixed. in my view scars can always be fixed, whatever your age and however long they have been there.

i actually noticed that benzoyl peroxide seems to get rid of my blackheads, but they dont just "Dissappear" they usually come out and turn into these weird grayish things that peel away and leave holes.. I dont know whats worse, holes on your nose or blackheads lmfao

Guest Timehealsall

also cartwheel, when you say some of your nose scars are "Years old" do you mean 4-5 years? hehe

im a little amazed you said BP got rid of your blackheads.

i've used BP for 8 years and it never did that for me. I only found they started to come out once i began to add AHAs into the mix and that was only fairly recently.

all the nose scars ive ever treated have been less than a year old. the deepest i treated was 10 months old max.

i've had most of the scars on my cheeks and forehead for 0-8 years.

if you have only small holes, they might just be open pores. try putting an AHA on them. the scar im talking about were wide holes. some were quite deep some werent.

anyhoo, im a bit bored of talking about it now. ill wait for the rest of my skin to heal up nicely and then ill focus on the remaining scarring.....all the best matey !

good luck to anyone else who decides to give it a go too. i thought i should tell everyone when something works...to keep the good karma coming.

Guest Timehealsall

well BP did work. I mean all the black stuff on my nose came to the surface after putting BP on and then peeled away (is this how blackheads go away?)

Anyways the holes i have look like icepick scars and they arent too deep. They are however years old (4-5). I know you said treatments should still work effectively, but i am kind of losing hope since they arent "Fresh." so to speak.

Have you treated any scars that were 4-5 years old on your cheeks yet?

you are quite lucky with the blackheads. maybe your skin is dry and thats whats making them come out. ive always had very oily skin (pre accutane) so yeah never had a chance for that to happen. it goes to show again what works for some people, doesnt work for others.

with your scars, if you truly have scarred pores or ice picks, you should look into tca cross - like i am. i know you are going to ask what it is, because you always do! lol, but look the threads here and you will get more than enough information. either way you can get it done professionally or do them on yourself.

a good test is - if your scars are the same as in my pic, then its safe to safe you have either scarred pores or ice picks.

with my older scars on my cheeks, i have treated them, but eliminated none. the best i could do were the same peels i did on my nose, but didnt have the same success with them - hence the need for crosses once im safely off accutane.

Guest Timehealsall

i thought you dont have any scars in that photo? Didnt you say that thats how your nose looks like after the treatments? I am little confused mate.

I think i will ask a derm. if i have icepicks or scarred pores. I honestly have no fucking clue..

i meant my cheeks mate. if your scars look similar to my cheeks, then you have either ice picks or scarred pores. either way tca cross treats them both.

alternatively, upload a better pic for everyone to look at.

cartweeling_monkey thanks for sharing this.

But you are currently on accutane, isn't doing a TCA peel hurtful to your skin? Especially when you're doing a 50% TCA peel and doing several layers.. Or did you do a TCA CROSS?

How often did you do this?