Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So my story initially began like this: Started applying Dan's AHA on my nose to help get rid of blackheads -- then I somehow got the idea to spread it all over my face as well. This was actually a big mistake (for me, since I use tazorac at night) because I began to break out all over my forehead and jawline. I have since stopped on the AHA and just use BP in the morning and continue to use my tazorac at night.

I then wanted to try to oil cleansing method and got some jojoba oil. I'm still getting a lot of breakouts around my jawline and chin, some on my forehead but not nearly as much. I'm only using jojoba oil -- is this ok or not ok for the oil cleansing method (do I need to use castor oil to make it work)?

This is what I do: (I wear mineral foundation)

1) run jojoba oil in hands and then spread all over face

2) put warm washcloth over face & let cool, then carefully dab off oil + makeup

3) steam face again, then take some more jojoba oil and massage into face for 2-3 minutes

4) steam face + wipe off oil with washcloth

I follow up with my Clinique Liquid Facial Soap (oily skin) and my Olay cleansing wipes to make sure i've gotten the oil off....is this too much cleansing?