Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Optomistic Girl 2010

Accutane for presistant acne

Guys I really need help. I have presistant chronic acne and right now it is not that bad but it's just not going away. I have tried all of the oral anti-biotics, birth control, topical anti-biotics, topical retnoids burn my skin, sprionolactone, chemical peels, and IPL, oh yes an proactive. I am going back to the derm in december and if my acne still presist then I want to ask him if he will let me go on accutane. Should I do this I have also tried diet changes and I am a very clean person. I realize accutane is meant for people with sever acne but what about those whom nothing else has worked for? I do not want to get to the point where my acne gets severe. Please someone answer my question.

Thank you,

You say you tried everything and nothing worked, and are you past puberty? Maybe get hormones and stuff checked to see if they are fine, get a food sensitivity test too maybe you have food allergies, but thats what I thought because some foods used to break me out more, but after I finished accutane those foods dont anymore. no one can tell you about the side effects, just some people are unlucky, its a small chance of getting some bad perm side effect, but can still happen.

Yes! You can get Accutane for persistent, non-severe acne. (Probably if it's not super-mild, though.) My acne is moderate, not severe, and after I tried absolutely everything else, I was able to get the drug. Thank God, to be honest. I'm still not entirely clear but it's already done more than anything else ever has. Good luck!