Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChamilitaryMayne

Any of these workout supplements the culprit?

I've had mild/moderate acne since 8th grade. I am also very into working out. Although I've never experience one of these supplements really breaking me out, I was going to stop using them for all of October. The only problem with that is I wouldn't know which one was the culprit, or maybe they all are? Plus I love working out and it would be hard to stop cold turkey.

Casein protein was a late edition to my supp stack, and I have been having issues before using it, but here's what I'm taking

Controlled Labs White Flood (2 scoops pre-workout)

WhiteFlood_FruitPunch%20supp%20facts.jpg

Controlled Labs Green MAGnitude (1 scoop pre-workout)

green_mag_V1%20apple%20full%20size%20supp%20facts.jpg

Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion (1 scoop post-workout)

Nutritional facts

Higher Power 100% Casein Power (1 scoop @ night)

Nutritional Facts

I included the list Nutritional Facts for each product, does anyone see something in any of these that I should avoid? :think:

Thanks in advance for any help, if you need any more info let me know

King Koopa

Haha Chamilitary mayne! I was just listenin to my Kopper CD yesterday. Has he came out with Venom yet? Shit was suppose to be out in like June..

anyway, I would wipe out creatine. Whey and Casein proteins are great for you. Stick with those for working out, and then eating a healthy diet with our essential fats and proteins. You'll get big.

Nitric Oxide could be your culprit as well. anything that really messes with your hormones like that is a huge red flag for acne. Not to mention I have done several studies on nitric oxide that have said it is a complete scam.

Yea Venom should drop eventually, doesn't look like anytime soon though.

Okay, I can see creatine being a problem. The only reason I take Nitric Oxide is due to the fact that I lift in the mornings, and it gives me the energy to go.

Creatine - Drink lots of water with it and you won't have a problem; because it sends water to the muscles to repair them it can dehydrate you causing your body to overcompensate and produce more sebum and therfore more pimples in the end. Stick with creatine, just make sure you get the pure powder stuff and not the swertened/flavoured crap.

Proteins - It's just not a great idea to have dairy if you're acne-prone as the estrogens mess up your hormones, and this goes especially for bodybuilders who already have raging hormones.

I get gas when I have whey protein, so I switched from a WPC (whey protein concerntrate) to a WPI (whey protein isolate). The WPI has almost zero carbs anf fat, and has basically all the lactose removed, so it won't cause digestion problems/acne. WPI was the only thing that worked for me - it's worth the extra money to not have acne.

NO = Bullshit. Don't waste your money.

Summary

-Get unflavoured creatine

-Switch to WPI

-Throw out your NO.

Hope this helped mate, here's to clear lifting :)

Oh I didnt realize you werent taking whey isolate. thats what I switched to as well. for me isolate has worked a lot better too.

how early do you work out? a small bowl of oatmeal or a handful of almonds will get ya through a workout.

yea myofusion has both concentrate and isolate in it, not sure of the ratio though. I'll prob switch to a pure Isolate now.

I think i'll taking this month of for the NO, get a Isolate protein and a unflavored pure creatine (which are really cheap)

Controlled Labs products suck.

Myofusion, you can do better but it isn't that bad.

Higher Power Casein, really? Come on bro!

Yeah avoid Controlled Labs, stop wasting money on NO products, and invest in some better quality protein. Good luck!

I've had mild/moderate acne since 8th grade. I am also very into working out. Although I've never experience one of these supplements really breaking me out, I was going to stop using them for all of October. The only problem with that is I wouldn't know which one was the culprit, or maybe they all are? Plus I love working out and it would be hard to stop cold turkey.

Casein protein was a late edition to my supp stack, and I have been having issues before using it, but here's what I'm taking

Controlled Labs White Flood (2 scoops pre-workout)

WhiteFlood_FruitPunch%20supp%20facts.jpg

Controlled Labs Green MAGnitude (1 scoop pre-workout)

green_mag_V1%20apple%20full%20size%20supp%20facts.jpg

Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion (1 scoop post-workout)

Nutritional facts

Higher Power 100% Casein Power (1 scoop @ night)

Nutritional Facts

I included the list Nutritional Facts for each product, does anyone see something in any of these that I should avoid? :think:

Thanks in advance for any help, if you need any more info let me know

King Koopa

Can anyone recommend a good Whey Isolate or Creatine Powder. I was looking at

Dymatize ISO-100

Link

or

AllMax Nutrition IsoFlex for Isolate

Link

and

Optimum Micronized Creatine Powder

Link

Allmax is by far superior to anything else with exception to Isolyze. I use Allmax when I go into Keto.

Yea that looks like a good Isolate. What about a Pure Creatine product (Creapure)?

I'm looking at these 3 currently

1.) Optimum Micronized Creatine Powder

2.) AllMax Nutrition Micronized Creatine Monohydrate

3.) Prolab Creatine Monohydrate

Good? It is the 2nd purest protein isolate currently available today. For creatine I've used all 3. I would go by price. They are all the same.

Alright man take it easy, ITS THE 2ND BEST OUT THERE is what i meant, and I'll just stick with that brand for the creatine as well.

Hopefully I see some improvements with these changes

Look into beta alanine btw. It is the unknown supplement to unknown champions! :)

Personally, i would suspect the casein. I have an allergic reaction to it that manifests itself as

pimples and it happens without fail every time.

CASEIN AND BETA ALANINE PRODUCTS WILL CAUSE BREAKOUTS. JUST STICK TO WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE AND CREATINE POWDER (UNFLAVORED). DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY FOR EVERYTHING ELSE. PLEASE. BUYING OTHER PRE-WORKOUT STUFF IS LIKE BUYING ACNE AND PIMPLES (FOR ME) LOL. I'M NOT KIDDING THOUGH. WPI, CREATINE POWDER, AND HARDWORK WILL GET YOU WHERE YOU WANT BRO.