Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ooh.lala

Skeptical but pushing through

Hey guys, so I figured I'd start my own little personal log here since I see a lot of people encouraging other people and I think I need that.

I'll start off with a little history here but will keep it brief. I'm 15, female, and have acne. I have maybe moderate-moderately severe but I might be exaggerating a bit because I have no idea sometimes. I have very fair skin so whenever I have a zit, I almost always get a purple/red mark left. Frustrating. I have acne on my forehead, cheeks, and chin along with blackheads on my nose.

So, I've been on the regimen for 3 weeks and two days. Like a lot of people, I started seeing a lot of improvement for the first week and my family were commenting on how well it looks. I started upping the dosage gradually and started applying two times a day. Fail. It burned like hell and I had extreme dryness so I figured I started too fast, and went back to applying only at night. I tried again with applying in the morning also, got a rash on my chin area and it itched like hell again. I stopped using it for 2 days so my skin would chill out, ended up breaking out with tiny pimples everywhere. So I'm currently only applying at night with half a fingers length.

I'm so skeptical right now but I won't stop since it's only been 3 weeks. This kinda sucks right now :(

When is a good time to apply in the morning too? It seems to fail for me every time I try. :confused:

Day 24

I think it's day 24...something like that. So the tiny little pimples I got from skipping 2 days have went away. I see an improvement but at the same time I don't, it's pretty much the same. I moisturized last night but I still woke up with dryness around my chin area. It seems that I always wake up with dryness on my chin, even when I moisturize. Oh well. Time to go wash my face.

Day 29

It's my fourth week now. I don't know if I'm supposed to be seeing results by now but I'm now using the full fingers length. I haven't started using it in the morning yet, I'm kind of afraid to.

But anyway, I noticed I don't get as many zits as before...it's definitely reduced but I still get them. Sadly, I popped a few of them and they probably won't go away for a while. It's so hard to not pop but I'm working on it! I want to be clear so bad but I know I have to be patient.

I have a few cysts so I think maybe I'm at the point of purging and it sucks! Hopefully I see at least some results soon.

Day 29

It's my fourth week now. I don't know if I'm supposed to be seeing results by now but I'm now using the full fingers length. I haven't started using it in the morning yet, I'm kind of afraid to.

But anyway, I noticed I don't get as many zits as before...it's definitely reduced but I still get them. Sadly, I popped a few of them and they probably won't go away for a while. It's so hard to not pop but I'm working on it! I want to be clear so bad but I know I have to be patient.

I have a few cysts so I think maybe I'm at the point of purging and it sucks! Hopefully I see at least some results soon.

I think I know how you feel. I am going through the same thing. Week one was great but now everything just burns all the time and I started getting breakouts again when I try to back off on the bp. I am not sure what to do at this point I feel like starting the whole thing from scratch and letting my face just heal for a few days. Do you use all acne.org products?

I think I know how you feel. I am going through the same thing. Week one was great but now everything just burns all the time and I started getting breakouts again when I try to back off on the bp. I am not sure what to do at this point I feel like starting the whole thing from scratch and letting my face just heal for a few days. Do you use all acne.org products?

If you're feeling burning then you might have upped the dosage too fast or you started using it in the morning when it should take a couple weeks before you use it twice a day. My skin is pretty sensitive and it gets dry and used to burn but the burning went away for me. You could try taking the "Having trouble?" quiz thing for more accurate advice.

No, I only use Dan's BP. My cleanser is Dr. Bronners and my moisturizer is Burt's Bee's along with jojoba oil.

I wish you luck :)