Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wolfstar

My accutane story: Road to being clear

Well, I decided to start an accutane log.. Got nothing to lose right? might as well keep a daily log.

Height/Weight: 6'1, 230 14% bf

Acne since: 14

The Dosage: 80mg daily

Day 11:

Well, I'm 11 days in and 'the outbreak' is still comming through. Even had my own mom comment 'wow it's starting to look gross'.. lol.. whatever. Guess the way I see it everyone has to deal with some sh*t in life. Wonder how long it'll last for, though? School starts in a few weeks. Looking foward to this semester (without acne). It doesn't bother me much that I have now while school is out. Don't go out too much, only place I go to these days are the park or the gym.

Day 12:

Damn last night when I tried to fall asleep it was as if I just worked out my back incorrectly or something. Got these back pains that make me sleep on my sides. Can't lay down on my back. Must be the accutane... on a positive note though when I looked in the mirror today, the areas that don't have any breakouts but were once oily are now looking great. I can't imagine what it'll look like once all this crap is gone.

You can use ibuprofen for your back pains now, but they are supposed go away as treatment progresses.

Good luck, and don't worry there's a lot of ups and downs on accutane but once you're done you'll look like a million bucks! smile.gif

Good luck to you wolfstar... we're not too far apart, your mg is a little higher than mine though. Hope to hear of improvement. How long did it take for you to start getting side effects, or the initial breakout to begin?

I started to breakout/get real dry skin/lips around day 3. I guess it has something to do with my dosage. But the doctor had to give me 80mg cause I'm a pretty big boy.

Day 13:

Well nothing much to report.. no real new breakouts.. my mom brought over her "friends" from work. THey were all like wow you lost a lot of weight blah blah blah.. then my mom goes 'ya.. just those pimples are so gross' in front of like 10-15 people... Sometimes I Don't know how I tolerate her.. I guess she's too stupid to watch what comes out of her mouth sometimes..

yes, i've found my mother can be very tactless. she knows how concious i am of spots, yet some of the things she says.. pah!

when i had been on the regimen for a couple weeks she commented my skin in general and how the tone had improved.

"thanks mum! yeh, i can see the difference too."

" but it's probably because you're back home and eating properly though," she said just moments later.

this got to me because i'd just got through the inital stage of dry, red skin (at which time i was close to giving up, which she knew) and also i cook very good meals for myself when i'm away!

sorry to post my rant on your log wolfstar, but just to let you know mothers are all the same.

good luck on accutane!

Dan

np man, atleast someone out there knows how I feel. I'm not trying to sound like a little baby or anything but good lord.. you don't need to point out the obvious.. no freakin duh.. i know this crap is on my face.. you don't need to remind me in front of 15 people nonetheless..

lol

Day 14:

Nothing new to report really. Yesterday was tough though, I went to the gym and went to workout my chest and I had this sharp pain in my shoulder. I stopped doing any sort of pressing movement after that. Never felt a pain like this, I started to up my glucsoamine(sp?) intake hopefully that'll help with this. Otherwise wow I'm starting to look REALLY clear..

Day 16-18:

Can't believe it's almost be 20 days on this stuff. Time flies.. anyway..

Seems like I'm starting to breakout again. It's not too bad, I can deal with it. I'm happy that it's happening though (as crazy as that sounds). I want this shit to surface. I don't want nothing laying around under my skin.

Day 70:

wow.. it has been a while since i replied!!

Well, it's been like a month+ into school.. it's real stressful and shit. My face hasn't been the greatest either. I got these bumps that aren't like cysts cause they don't get red or nothing, but i can feel them under the skin. I have two of them that have been around for 3-4 weeks now. They're real annoying lol..

I'm hoping this shit ends soon cause damn.. it's been some time and I want to be clear already... the dryness is kinda hard to get used to especially now since it's starting to get real cold. It's like murder on my lips.. I hate it!!

it seems like your just around the top of the hill. ( a little over 2 months ) my doctor told me itll take like 2 months till all the shit goes crazy but after those 2ish months, its all good form there. i hope its true

I sure hope so... i got this painful ass zit on the kinder under my lip.. man i hate this fucking thing...

it's so fucking annoying.. i think it's from the chapstick or [email protected])(#@)(!#

and this huge freaking cyst like thing in the middle of my forehead that's been there forever is driving me nuts too