Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

Benzoyl peroxide doseage

Guest Timehealsall

Guys its been almost a month since i have been on the regimen and one thing i never really fully understood is the fact that we need to use a full fingers lenght of benzoyl peroxide.

I mean, i know this is supposed to keep us clear because more BP there is, the better the chance it penetrates deeply or something of that nature.

My question is, why do many other companies (proactiv, clean and clear, ETC.) always say to use a pea sized thin layer amount of benzoyl peroxide? I mean if a fulls fingers lenght is the way to go, should they not go this route in order to satisfy more customers (if full fingers lenght really does work, im sure more customers would stay clear much more consistently)?

I mean, i asked my dermatologist about what he thinks about the regimen. He said everything looks fine, except for the idea of using a full fingers lenght of benzoyl peroxide. He said it is way too drying and can actually worsen acne.

Now, i am not here to undermine the regimen, but i just want to see what other regimen users have to say about it.

Guys its been almost a month since i have been on the regimen and one thing i never really fully understood is the fact that we need to use a full fingers lenght of benzoyl peroxide.

I mean, i know this is supposed to keep us clear because more BP there is, the better the chance it penetrates deeply or something of that nature.

My question is, why do many other companies (proactiv, clean and clear, ETC.) always say to use a pea sized thin layer amount of benzoyl peroxide? I mean if a fulls fingers lenght is the way to go, should they not go this route in order to satisfy more customers (if full fingers lenght really does work, im sure more customers would stay clear much more consistently)?

I mean, i asked my dermatologist about what he thinks about the regimen. He said everything looks fine, except for the idea of using a full fingers lenght of benzoyl peroxide. He said it is way too drying and can actually worsen acne.

Now, i am not here to undermine the regimen, but i just want to see what other regimen users have to say about it.

All i know is that im almost clear...no breakouts for the past week...after this tiny one heals ill be clear... so if it works then it does...

Dan figured out how much BP to use through trial and error. Yeah, it does seem like a lot of BP, but the proof, as they say, is in the pudding. The Regimen works, while a lot of other treatments that call for much less BP don't.

It's up to you whether or not you want to follow The Regimen instructions, but like Dan says, for best results, the instructions should be followed precisely.