Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
americaninparis

is it possible to get results on the regimen without the full dose?

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering, if someone has mild-moderate acne, if it is possible to achieve great results on the regimen without ever reaching the two full pumps/two fingers full dose.

Does anyone know anything about this? I'm very curious to know your thoughts.

yeah, sure. everyones skin is different and results can prove differently. it often depends on what type or how mild/severe your acne is. i know i never actually used two full fingers most of the time i was on the regimen. i think i went 1 and 1/2 most of the time. i just didn't need two.

it is recommended though, but feel free to skimp a bit after you've had results, and see if you still see them. good luck

2 is to much for me. The most I'll use is 1 and a half pumps and fi my acne is ever under complete control I'll drop down if I can since I think it's likely I'll still get redness and dryness.

I'm just starting out but just 1/2 pump twice daily has already worked wonders for me. I plan to only increase as needed. I used to have great success with the old formula of Proactiv (back when it was expensive before they needed to compete with AcneFree and started putting a bunch of cheap crap into it that my face hates and that caused me to experience years of cystic acne for the first time in my life). My skin went from train wreck under all circumstances to flawless under makeup, and passable with no makeup in less than a week. As I said, I experienced years of success with the old Proactiv, and this reminds me exactly of that - quick improvement and eventually nearly flawless skin!

I think you might try 1/2 pump until your skin adjusts to the BP (it stung and itched my face the first couple of times, and now I have no discomfort at all) and evaluate how well it's working. If you see improvement, stick with the lesser amount, otherwise increase per the regimen.

Guest Timehealsall
great, thanks for the advice guys!

how about if you have the tube version? Would half a fingers lenght be enough for some people?

Guys, when you use the tube of BP it's only 1 full fingers worth Dan says to use. If you try to use 2 fingers I think you would be forced to eat some of it to get rid! :sick: