Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grind

Red Wine

i'm looking for reasons why i look like such utter shit this week

i've had wine on 3 times this past 7 days. just 1 glass at each sitting.

it was high quality stuff btw not cheapo red wine by any means

thanks

thanks for that

this was Shiraz Jacobs Creek Private Reserve, not expensive but still not exactly cheap either

thats funny i was about to post on a thread about beer but spotted this one. I've actually found a glass of wine every few days has improved my acne, its beer that breaks me out lol, everyone is different i suppose...

thats funny i was about to post on a thread about beer but spotted this one. I've actually found a glass of wine every few days has improved my acne, its beer that breaks me out lol, everyone is different i suppose...

Maybe beer causes you to break out because it contains gluten (unless, of course, you drink gluten-free beer), and that is an acne trigger for many people. Grapes on the other hand are great for skin (and overall health), so I can see why wine would help. Just a thought.

Maybe beer causes you to break out because it contains gluten (unless, of course, you drink gluten-free beer), and that is an acne trigger for many people. Grapes on the other hand are great for skin (and overall health), so I can see why wine would help. Just a thought.

hey thats a good point i hadn't thought about that, in that case i might try reducing/cutting out gluten in my diet and see what happens maybe i have a gluten intolerance? Thanks very much!

Cheaper wines (which you did not have) add sugar to the mix to make them taste better.

Sugar = bad

Resveratrol = good

Resveratrol is the antioxidant in grape skins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resveratrol

Drink wine because you like it. Not because it has Resveratrol. You can buy the extract in supplement form and just take the pills. I take dandelion pills for diuretics. I don't go out in the fields and dance and eat dandelion flowers themselves. :confused:

Have nothing to do with it. So enjoy your Merlot or whatever you are drinking. Suggestion: Casillero del Diablo (Concha y Toro).

i've been drinking red wine pretty much every day. i'm enjoying learning about the different chateau's, years etc. its really interesting. and i'm getting very very acquired to the taste. so much so that poker night this Wednesday i'll probably be on the wine instead of the beers for a change

I break out whenever I drink, so I try not to anymore. Alcohol is rough on some people's digestive systems. In Chinese medicine, the large intensives and lungs are connected, which are the "skin" organs. Coffee and alcohol are definitely triggers for me. It doesn't mean I never drink, but I leave it for special occasions. I believe my recent breakout was made longer by my trip to German wine country (what was I gonna do- not drink super good, super cheap local wine? And insult those nice Rhinelanders?)

I did find, to echo a post above, that organic, sulfite free wine tends to be easier for me than other types of alcohol.

Hope you're feeling better and clearing up.

Edited by Sooroo10

i actually have a cyst on my neck which is the same size as my adams apple. so not doing so well at the moment. it is literally the biggest i've had all year, or in fact as far as i can remember. i took my first accutain today. im not putting up with this nonsense

thanks for your reply

Just a word of personal opinion - if your taking tane to clear up acne, don't binge on foods that broke you out in the first place. This is the reason I think acne returns for so many people once they finish their course. They get on accutane, and realise they dont get acne when they eat shit, so assume it wont make a difference. Once they finish their treatment then bam, your bodies worse than it ever has been and its only makes sense your acne returns.

This is assuming it works (i hope it does).

Edited by ben90