Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is it possible to remove pitted scar discolorations

Hello,

I have a lot of pitted scars, what makes them prominent is the discoloration inside it.

I am not talking about Post inflammatory Hyperpigmentation.

I am talking about lost of skin tissue resulted in pitted textures, and it's reddish inside.

I've seen people's pitted scars but they are the same color with the rest of the skin thus making it less unsightly.

I also haves some non-pitted scars discoloration that is permanent.

How do one go about removing the discoloration? Or is it possible at all?

It looks something like this picture...

post-134077-1285808920_thumb.jpg

post-134077-1285808920_thumb.jpg

they generally go away on their own, but you could probably speed it up by using a topical retinoid or a scar cream of the sort.

im sure my discoloration are permanent unless i do something about it because they've been there for more than 6 years

i'm using retin-a but that seems to make them redder...

The fact that they are colored means that they are still healing. When they are done they will be

the same color as the rest of your skin but they may still be pitted slightly because the body's healing process is not always perfect.

i HAVE EXACTLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY the same skin as u, and has probably been about 5 years and the colour inside the pits is still red as ever

The fact that they are colored means that they are still healing. When they are done they will be

the same color as the rest of your skin but they may still be pitted slightly because the body's healing process is not always perfect.

the fact that they're colored means that they are still healing? so im still healing after 6 years?

it sounds like it. i remember when i burned myself rather badly on my tummy with tca acid, the doc said it was likely to be red for 2-3 years as it was a pretty major burn. so im guessing it could take people many years to heal from things.

i remember using bioskinrepair (a rather expensive product) which then cleared up the redness within a weak or two. i recommend you try this product if you are desperate, it might work for you as it did for me, although it may not too.

the fact that they're colored means that they are still healing? so im still healing after 6 years?

Amazingly enough, yea the body can take that long i have scars on me knee that are still healing and red after 7 years. Just depends on genetics, location of scar, climate, diet, lifestyle everything goes into it basically.

Guest Timehealsall
Hello,

I have a lot of pitted scars, what makes them prominent is the discoloration inside it.

I am not talking about Post inflammatory Hyperpigmentation.

I am talking about lost of skin tissue resulted in pitted textures, and it's reddish inside.

I've seen people's pitted scars but they are the same color with the rest of the skin thus making it less unsightly.

I also haves some non-pitted scars discoloration that is permanent.

How do one go about removing the discoloration? Or is it possible at all?

It looks something like this picture...

just curious, but where did you get this non-pitted discoloration that is permanent? I thought acne never leaves permanent discoloration?

scar tissue is generally darker than your natural skin tone and if your skin is naturally dark, then the scar tissue is naturally going to be even darker.

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

Guest Timehealsall

so cartwheeling monkey, will this dark scar tissue ever blend in with the skin?

the scars in the pic are red, theres no doubt about that and it should go away in time. as for the darker texture of scars and the associated darker colour, most likely not.

the scars in the pic are red, theres no doubt about that and it should go away in time. as for the darker texture of scars and the associated darker colour, most likely not.

yes, im talking about the darker texture and associated darker color of the pitted scar. Is there anyway to remove its discoloration?

i know EXACTLY what you mean by redness making the scars look worse. Have a look at my VBeam treatment I just had the other day. It's in this forum maybe about 9 threads down. I have similar scarring to yours on both cheeks and have done several fraxel restores with a slight improvement but the redness just never goes. It's been years now since the acne went from those areas and come and go but now I have more issues with around my mouth and jawline rather then cheeks but still, cysts come and go there too.

I'm hoping these intense vbeam treatments make my scars skin colour and therefore much less visible :(

The red will disappear, but they will still look dark because of shadow.

I understand the shadow effect. When I stretch out the skin and the scar completely level but is still visible because of discoloration, THAT is the discoloration I'm talking about

My son has similar red discoloration. He is only 2 months off accutane, and we are just begining to see the full extent of the scarring now that all the inflamation is gone. He has pitting like yours, but alot of rolling scars too. He wants the redness to go away too, and says he can live with the scars better without the redness emphasizing them.

His derm gave him Differin Cream - the weakest strength. This is more for preventing new acne since he had a very severe case. I agree with others that the Retinol products if used sparingly and only a few days a week may help. He hasn't tried it yet because he's afraid to irritate his skin more. Six years is a long time to have the red discoloration, so maybe consult another dermatologist. But just to add, my son seems to see a difference when he drinks plenty of water, lays off the pop, and eats healthier. He's been taking fish oil, and a very low dose zinc.

good luck

My son has similar red discoloration. He is only 2 months off accutane, and we are just begining to see the full extent of the scarring now that all the inflamation is gone. He has pitting like yours, but alot of rolling scars too. He wants the redness to go away too, and says he can live with the scars better without the redness emphasizing them.

His derm gave him Differin Cream - the weakest strength. This is more for preventing new acne since he had a very severe case. I agree with others that the Retinol products if used sparingly and only a few days a week may help. He hasn't tried it yet because he's afraid to irritate his skin more. Six years is a long time to have the red discoloration, so maybe consult another dermatologist. But just to add, my son seems to see a difference when he drinks plenty of water, lays off the pop, and eats healthier. He's been taking fish oil, and a very low dose zinc.

good luck

I sincerely wish the best for you son.