Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ziko

Every pimple leaving an indent.. what can we do?

So like alot of people on this forum, most of my pimples are leaving indents behind since accutane or scar treatments. I used accutane and had 2 Deep FX treatments, since then every pimple leaves a long red marks which will go indented after a month or so. Before that I just used to have red marks for a couple of weeks after acne, but it never actually scarred.

Does anyone know whats causing this? It's been like 7 months since my last treatment, could my skin still be (much) thinner than it normally was?

Is there anything we can do at all? Or should I just let me skin thicken again? How can we perform scar treatments if they make our skin sensitive and thus our skin can't heal its suppose to be? My acne is EXTREMELY mild right now, like 2 pimples a month, but at this rate, my skin will look way worse after a year or so.

a good start would be, what is your current skincare system?

Nothing really, just moisturize. I thought it would be safest that way. My skin is super thin right now I think and it gets red really easily.

wow. I'm experiencing this too.

Like every zit in the past 8 months, every f*ckin zit that i had turns into an indent, a week after the acne has died down, My skin wasn't like this before,and I'm not just imagining it, I'm comparing photos from the previous months and it tends to get worser and worser everyday.

If theres anyone who have experienced this and be able to stop this from happening please help us.

Im seriously breaking out again right now.And Im afraid by the end of this year my whole face will be full of indentations. :wall::wall::wall:

There are a couple of things to do in order to avoid zit or break out. Most likely this is the only thing to do, hence self-protect against any zit.

It is working with me so far, so good:

1) Work out regularly;

2) Drink a lot of water daily, even you are not thirsty;

3) Either use Dan's regimen regulary or use EFFACLAIR DUO cleaner gel morning and night

4) Take 2 tablets of AST Multi Pro 32X, 200 Caplets (vitamin) daily;

5) Avoid any junk food. Try to have healthy meals 4 times a day)

6) Don't pick any zits.

7) If you can, go once/twice time(s) per week in a sauna (vapor)

Vitamins and work out regularly will balance hormones.

Like every zit in the past 8 months, every f*ckin zit that i had turns into an indent, a week after the acne has died down, My skin wasn't like this before,and I'm not just imagining it, I'm comparing photos from the previous months and it tends to get worser and worser everyday.

If theres anyone who have experienced this and be able to stop this from happening please help us.

Im seriously breaking out again right now.And Im afraid by the end of this year my whole face will be full of indentations. :wall::wall::wall:

Edited by Conde de Montecristo

I'm doing pretty much everything to avoid breaking out, and my skin is awesome, acne wise. But I still get the occasional zit like everyone. Which will always leave a scar..

If this keeps going my skin will look way worse in a year or so... not looking forward to that

ziko - try vaseline jelly on any open wound or anything that needs healing. its non comogenic (the molecules are too large to penetrate the skin) and it basically seals off the area to the open air, allowing your own natural moisture to do the healing...until you rub it off. its far superior to anything else you could be using.

i've been using it for around 4 months now and have no problems with it at all. i recommend you give it a try.

Guest Timehealsall
a good start would be, what is your current skincare system?

Nothing really, just moisturize. I thought it would be safest that way. My skin is super thin right now I think and it gets red really easily.

i do not think skin getting red easily = thin skin? A lot of peoples skin gets red easily yet they do not scar..

Guest Timehealsall
ziko - try vaseline jelly on any open wound or anything that needs healing. its non comogenic (the molecules are too large to penetrate the skin) and it basically seals off the area to the open air, allowing your own natural moisture to do the healing...until you rub it off. its far superior to anything else you could be using.

i've been using it for around 4 months now and have no problems with it at all. i recommend you give it a try.

hey would vaseline only work on open wounds or would it also work once a pimple goes flat? I.e. lets say i dab bp on a pimple and once it flattens can applying vaseline on it reduce risk of scarring?

Guest Timehealsall
There are a couple of things to do in order to avoid zit or break out. Most likely this is the only thing to do, hence self-protect against any zit.

1) Work out regularly;

3) Either use Dan's regimen regulary or use EFFACLAIR DUO cleaner gel morning and night

6) Don't pick any zits.

tbh, its impossible to fully avoid not getting breakouts. I am so pissed at myself right now that i did not really treat my pimples for a very long time (4-5) years. I would get regular breakouts every 1-2 months. Is this normal for most people who go through acne? I am now trying to get my acne under control using dans regimen and whatnot.

Im seriously breaking out again right now.And Im afraid by the end of this year my whole face will be full of indentations. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Guest Timehealsall

1) Work out regularly;

6) Don't pick any zits.

tbh, its impossible to fully avoid not getting breakouts. I am so pissed at myself right now that i did not really treat my pimples for a very long time (4-5) years. I would get regular breakouts every 1-2 months. Is this normal for most people who go through acne? I am now trying to get my acne under control using dans regimen and whatnot.

Im seriously breaking out again right now.And Im afraid by the end of this year my whole face will be full of indentations. :wall: :wall: :wall:

also i so regret not treating my acne earlier on. I literally, for 4-5 years would get breakouts every month on my face, and whenever this happened i applied bp to them. Basically i always spot treated. Is it pretty normal for acne sufferers to break out for a few years once a month?

Also im on dans regimen and i hope it works for good!

If you used Accutane or Retin-A that will leave your skin frail and prone to scarring easily.

Try taking a multi-vitamin supplement.

When you get a zit put some ointment like Neosporin or Vitacilina on it to reduce the chance of scarring.

Edited by tj101

Guest Timehealsall

hey tj101, does it matter what size the zit is? I mean, putting neosporin on every zit every time cant be good right? i am currently on the acne.org regimen and i am hoping that it gets me clear, but i have questions regarding neosporin

I have a lot of zits on my nose right now, but they are very tiny pimples that you can barely feel. I do not know if these will scar, but i am right now following the acne.org regimen (BP 2x a day). Do you think i should just apply neosporin on these? I thought neosporin only helps reduce scarring once the zit pops?

I have been using Polysporin on both active and popped zits and it seems to help the red marks heal faster. I've heard it also helps prevent indented scarring. Because it is anti-bacterial, it should help current acne.

Guest Timehealsall
I have been using Polysporin on both active and popped zits and it seems to help the red marks heal faster. I've heard it also helps prevent indented scarring. Because it is anti-bacterial, it should help current acne.

wait so your regimen consists only of applying polysporin on zits?

I mean i am confused. i am using BP as my main ingredient of my regimen but i want to try neosporin. Would i put it on only zits that are stubborn or the big ones? Or only when a zit pops?