Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi every1.

I've been suffering from acne since I was 15. Nowadays, I am 29, and have acne scars on my face. They're mainly on my temple area, left cheek, a very few on forehead.

In my left temple is where it bothers me more (moderate/severe rolling), on my left cheek i've got some boxscar ones (mild/mod) and icepick(mild) (not deep) Also on my right temple I've got a deep one that I think is going to be fixed with juvederm filler since subcision procedure made it worse.

I was told that smartxide dot and a couple of subcision procedures would bring me great results, like 40, 50% at least. Well, life isn't far is it? After one session of smartxide, I realized that my left temple got worse and it got even worse after the subcision. Regarding my right temple where I had a scar that would supposed to disappear if I stretch the skin, now it got even deeper after subcision.

So, now you know how i feel, I got desperely, I had learned to look into the mirror for years, avoiding some angles, now.... it's different... I will have to learn it again.

Conclusion? - I shoudn't have done smartxide and subcision procedures. I will have to live with it.

Now what?

I am planning to start to use juvederm filling on my right and left temple. Besides I am going to use TCA 0,075% manipulated oil free every night only over my scars.

I know this is not a definitive solution and silicone injection are risky but If i have to do this forever, I will.

The question is: After filling results are over, is there any chances my scar is worse?

And maybe, I will do some tca cross after it on my icepick.

Can any1 give me some feedback?

Thanks

Edited by Conde de Montecristo

You are planning to threat your deepest scar with a filler, this isn't a very good idea. When the scar is bound down and deep, the filler will not go underneath the scar. It will plump to the sides of the scar and go underneath healthy tissue, think donut.

This happened to my deepest scar, it looks deeper because of it. When I laugh you can feel the filler beside the scar, I'm not going to do anything about it because it doesn't bother me that much and it will fade in a few months.

Edited by Ziko

It is not that deep. But it looks like a filler will do a good job there.

You are planning to threat your deepest scar with a filler, this isn't a very good idea. When the scar is bound down and deep, the filler will not go underneath the scar. It will plump to the sides of the scar and go underneath healthy tissue, think donut.

This happened to my deepest scar, it looks deeper because of it. When I laugh you can feel the filler beside the scar, I'm not going to do anything about it because it doesn't bother me that much and it will fade in a few months.

I thought the exact same thing... "it's not that deep"...

But, give it a shot, if it works it would be awesome, if it doesn't just let it run out and don't do it again.

Don't know.. I never tried TCA. But in general, mild stuff like a super super low TCA peel won't do jack. You need to damage the tissue in order for it to heal.