Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RenJ

I really need to vent..and someone who relates

I'm almost 18 years old.

I've had mild-moderate acne since the beginning of high school and it sucks.

I stay in the house all day, except going to school which i dread.

I do not make eye contact with anyone and have few friends that i can be myself around.

I can't enjoy any activities without thinking of how ugly i look.

I cover my acne with makeup and notice that no one else in my class has acne like i do.

it really sucks, and today i had a breakdown because yet again, another zit shows up.

its all over my face and i cannot even bear to be around my mother without makeup on and even though she had "some" pimples when she was younger, she still doesn't understand.

no one really does.

It reallly sucks, because my skin was clearing..but i got sick and it came back worse x 10. aha

thanksss.

Man. I felt like I was reading about myself when I was 18. I was the girl in high school within my group of friends who had "acne." I did and sometimes still now feel like a freak. I felt like Nobody would ever understand how horrible I felt and why I felt the way I did. Especially when I was invited to go out.... it was just like If I couldn't go out and feel good or look good... I didn't want to go out at all. So I was a hermit for most of my high school career. I had to cake makeup on when I was in high school and yes even if it was just to see my mother for 2 seconds ( I believe that make up and not a proper regimen every day was what fueled my acne in high school) . I never wanted anybody to see my face bare. I avoided all mirrors constantly... and I hated my photo being taken.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. IT WILL GET EASIER. AND YOU WILL HAVE BEAUTIFUL DAYS. Just keep telling yourself it's hormones and it will go away. I still have the occasional break outs here and there.... and I always make them out to be way worse than they actually are. But it has never been as bad as mine was in high school. I don't know if I can say "just be positive" cause that's really hard sometimes, especially for me. I would say just always stay hopeful. You are not alone. And all those girls that don't have it now.... they may develop it later in life (I've seen this first hand). Hope that helps. Don't want to preach or anything. BUT I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEl.

I know how you feel. Most of the people at my school have flawless skin and moan when a tiny red spot appears, and then im there with a giant cyst on my face. I was starting to get hopeful that my acne was going in the summer, but then right before I had to go back to school I got a cyst that just wont go away. I cover my face in make up evey day and avoid sleep overs because my make up would come off in the night. It sucks sometimes, and I know how you feel, but hopefully one day we wont have spots anymore.

YES exactly...its my senior year and i thought i was going to have clear skin, it was almost clear but then i went on vacation and the sun and salt water don't like me that much..i avoid sun at all cost.

and the end of the summer i started getting painful nodule-type zits. which hurt.

my skin is crrazzzzy.

yeah that would be a miracle haha.

i don't even sleep over my best friends house anymore (its been like a year since i would actually stay over the next day as well but i still had nasty skin) and its kind of sad :/ she kind of understands but i know shes annoyed by it aha

You sound exactly like me in high school. I'm not that much older than you (21) but I can relate to what you are going through. I was the girl with acne, though my friends never seemed to notice how bad it actually was. I didn't participate in many activities at school like plays or sports and mostly due to self confidence issues from my acne, also I always thought "If I do sports I'll sweat and my makeup will run and I'll look so gross." And it's not as though I could go without my makeup, I still can't.

I rarely did sleepovers either and would do anything to come home if I could. If I couldn't I'd sleep in my makeup, no matter how I looked in the morning or how bad it was for my skin, at least it covered the majority of my acne.

I'm still a lot like this today unfortunately. My skin is clearing up slowly but I refuse to sleep over at my best friends place this weekend due to my skin. We're going out but I'm adamant about going home afterward.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share that with you so you know that you aren't the only one out there. I was just like you and it will get easier. Although I turn into a total hermit at times, I also try to get out when I can because otherwise I just feel way worse about myself.

It's good you have a few friends that you can be yourself around, honestly, that's all you need. When my skin has been getting me down, I'll go out to a movie or for coffee with my closest friends, just to get out and forget about my skin for a while. It relieves the stress of acne and less stress is always good for the skin ;)

Hang in there. Things will get better. That's what I try and tell myself anyway. :)

Just enjoy live, even if you have acne! Does acne make you a bad person? Of course not!

You really should not bother what some random idiot thinks about you, I know it is hard to think this way, but it is the best way to think. You live your life for yourself, not for others.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

(sorry for the late reply)

I'm going to college next year..I'm dreading it..i don't even have a job yet :0

my skin is weird...

i hope your skin gets better!

don't dread college! you are going to have so much fun. i know how you feel though. i leave for college in a year and i'm worrying about all this stupid little stuff about my skin, like "how am i going to do my makeup in the morning without people seeing??" college is just freaking me out in alot of ways. we are going to have the time of our lives, though. :) good luck girl!