Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rebel1992

cyst under the surface of the skin

hey guys....the topic says it all....how do you do it?

i have a few deeply embedded cysts under my skin and i want to bring them out...!!!how do i do it? or does the body actually absorbs and kills it?// i doubt it though!

Thats a good question, supposedly the body will absorb the cyst and it will die, but I have heard that can take a good long while for some people. But I also hear that some cysts or nodules (basically the worst forms of acne) can leave impactions behind and cause a similar flare up in the exact same spot. I actually would not recommend trying to bring them to the surface. You can go to a derm or even a regular doc and get a cortisone shot to shrink those suckers significantly. Of course this is not a cure and doesnt prevent acne, so if you have cysts you will probably have to take soem drastic action and take antibiotics or accutane. So far these things are the only medications we have to combat cysts. Although I hear this relatively new topical medication called aczone is supposed to be good for severe acne. Its a long and frustrating process trying to beat acne (I have been trying for 13 years with a lot of ups and downs, lol), but hang in there and you will make it!! Good luck!

Thats a good question, supposedly the body will absorb the cyst and it will die, but I have heard that can take a good long while for some people. But I also hear that some cysts or nodules (basically the worst forms of acne) can leave impactions behind and cause a similar flare up in the exact same spot. I actually would not recommend trying to bring them to the surface. You can go to a derm or even a regular doc and get a cortisone shot to shrink those suckers significantly. Of course this is not a cure and doesnt prevent acne, so if you have cysts you will probably have to take soem drastic action and take antibiotics or accutane. So far these things are the only medications we have to combat cysts. Although I hear this relatively new topical medication called aczone is supposed to be good for severe acne. Its a long and frustrating process trying to beat acne (I have been trying for 13 years with a lot of ups and downs, lol), but hang in there and you will make it!! Good luck!

hey man, sincerely appreciate yr reply....i see you brought up some points.....do youthink that putting a hot compress on the cyst or pimple...etc....may actually bring the pimple to a head?...well itied it today...with caution though...and it actually brought a cyst a little bigger which i guess means its coming to the surface....but hey would certainly like yr input if a hot compress can bring a embedded pimple to the surface...anywyas...i wish you all the best with yr duel with acne....

REBEL

-hot compress as many times as you can in a day

-toothpaste (not whitening, and not gel) - this seems to work for me very well.

-smother it in H&S shampoo. dries the fucker out good

i have the same cyst as you its under the skin and real hard.but you really cant see it unless i pull my face to the side and it gets small one week and then bigger then next for some odd reason.put hot compresses on it like a hot wash cloth 4 times a day untill the wash cloth isnt hot anymore its made mine get softer and smaller.but i called my derm and im getting a cotizone shot even though its small and seems like mines going away the cortizone shot will make it go away.do you have a derm you go to?if so i would call and get the cortizone shot and that way you wont have to keep messing with it for weeks like me.good luck i hope it goes away soon.

Edited by ctbo

hey man, sincerely appreciate yr reply....i see you brought up some points.....do youthink that putting a hot compress on the cyst or pimple...etc....may actually bring the pimple to a head?...well itied it today...with caution though...and it actually brought a cyst a little bigger which i guess means its coming to the surface....but hey would certainly like yr input if a hot compress can bring a embedded pimple to the surface...anywyas...i wish you all the best with yr duel with acne....

REBEL

I have heard that the hot compress will sometimes bring a cyst to the surgace and then I also hear that it sometimes doesnt work. I guess it really depends on how deep the sucker is and your skin type. I myself have not tried the hot compress method because I come from the philosophy of trying to prevent my acne before it shows up. I have had a cortisone shot once on a cyst and worked wonders, which is why I suggested it. The key thing is to not irritate the cyst because then it will persist longer than it should. I have said it before and I will say it again, I think cysts are the worst and I truly thing they have a mind of their own, lol!! I hope it goes down soon for you!!