Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wetyuringo

Is my acne going away?

So, to start off I'll add that I'm 17, acne peaked late 15, and I have been clear for two month thanks to an aggressive topical prescription regimen. Unfortunately my facel looks sunburnt know but whatever. Anyways, I have had moderate keratosis pilaris (the little red bumps on your triceps) for years, and recently it has just gone away. I have smooth arms now, and I was wondering if their is a correlation between the two. I mean, it involves clogging hair follicles like acne. Nobody in my family has history of adult acne by the way, or even acne at all for that matter. Would I be safe going of my meds because I don't like the redness it causes.

I had same thing. Keratosis Pilaris for a long time i think even when i was 10 or so. It use to be fairly bad on my arms and now i have such smooth arms. My facial acne has subsided and i only wash my face about once a day using clindoxyl gel just recently for spot treatment. Your only 17, chances are you still have a year or so to get over puberty. I started getting pimples mostly around 16-17 and still kinda have to deal with them now (20 yrs old). I do feel i might have started puberty at a late age tho so hopefully within a year or so my mild acne will start to diminish more and more. Everyone is different tho, so good luck. And my family has no signs of acne either, other than in there teens

I had same thing. Keratosis Pilaris for a long time i think even when i was 10 or so. It use to be fairly bad on my arms and now i have such smooth arms. My facial acne has subsided and i only wash my face about once a day using clindoxyl gel just recently for spot treatment. Your only 17, chances are you still have a year or so to get over puberty. I started getting pimples mostly around 16-17 and still kinda have to deal with them now (20 yrs old). I do feel i might have started puberty at a late age tho so hopefully within a year or so my mild acne will start to diminish more and more. Everyone is different tho, so good luck. And my family has no signs of acne either, other than in there teens

I'm not sure if I'm fortunate about this, but I started getting pimples when I was 13, I developed fairly early which I think is good. When I run out of my meds (in a couple months) I will stop them for a bit and only cleanse and see how that goes.