Notifications
Clear all

roaccutane and exercise

MemberMember
(@vintageheart)

Posted : 09/29/2010 12:58 am

Don't know if this has already been discussed here.. I take my chances anyway.

I was prescribed a 10 mg dose of roaccutane and the prospect says that intense physical activity is not recommended. BUT I really want to have some daily exercise and yoga so I ask if anybody around here had some bad experiences when they exercised regularly (while being on the drug). I don't mind the increased muscular pain.. I just don't wanna mess up my bones or muscles. By the way, I'm 20 years old.

MemberMember
(@shoegalclaire)

Posted : 09/30/2010 9:17 am

Hi VintageHeart,

I dont know about intense exercise (ie going to the gym three times a week) but I do lots of walking and a Boxfit class every week (which is pretty physical) and I havent had much of a change. I ache anyway after exercise like that as I didnt tend to do much for a long time!

Swimming would be great, or like you say Yoga. You shouldnt be too bad considering ur only on 10mg. I'm on 20mg and I seem to be ok :)

Good luck and happy exercising!

Claire

MemberMember
(@vintageheart)

Posted : 09/30/2010 5:42 pm

Cheers Claire! It's good to know that you didn't had any problems.. now I can do my thing with a lesser amount of paranoia :)

MemberMember
(@gorgeouslygothic)

Posted : 09/30/2010 7:38 pm

I'm in my third month of treatment, and I go to the gym two to three times a week. My derm didn't tell me anything about exercise - just told me to be careful in contact sports, which I don't play anyway. I haven't had any bone or muscle problems. I don't think you really need to worry. Just listen to your body, and if you have pain or problems, tell your doctor when they happen.

MemberMember
(@ner0)

Posted : 10/01/2010 10:35 am

Don't know if this has already been discussed here.. I take my chances anyway.

I was prescribed a 10 mg dose of roaccutane and the prospect says that intense physical activity is not recommended. BUT I really want to have some daily exercise and yoga so I ask if anybody around here had some bad experiences when they exercised regularly (while being on the drug). I don't mind the increased muscular pain.. I just don't wanna mess up my bones or muscles. By the way, I'm 20 years old.

Just read your post and thought I'd join so I could reply. I was on accutane (70 mg per day) during the summer of 2009 and I went to the gym 4 times a week to lift weights and I never experienced any problems with it. It was actually really good for me as it allowed me to relieve some of the pent up frustratation that being on accutane was causing. The only issue that I did experience was due to the fact that I sweat a lot at the gym, my face would appear very red and feel somewhat raw, however this would generally pass after finishing my workout. I would say go for it and don't be afraid to push yourself, unless you are experiencing joint pain, in which case I would say stop immediately. Hope this helps and good luck getting clear!

MemberMember
(@sod96)

Posted : 01/15/2014 4:38 pm

I'm on 70mg a day and im aching back mainly but when ever i exercise its unbearable i love football its my passion and it kills me i havnt played it in 3 months is there anyway anyway at all i can get back to playing with minimal pain?

MemberMember
(@intensecow)

Posted : 01/17/2014 2:17 pm

I've done 4 months of Accutane and moderately exercised and lifted weights during that time and have never had any issues.